External Sync Problems Tracking Tools 2.5.0

litch09

External Sync Problems Tracking Tools 2.5.0

Post by litch09 »

I have recently upgraded our Tracking Tools software to 2.5.0 on a 64-bit windows machine. Previously we were able to use an external sync pulse (50-100Hz) wired to the Sync In to synchronize with other systems (2.3.2 on windows 32-bit). However, in the new version of the software on a 64-bit version of windows it seems that once the external trigger is setup to record on the rising edge of the sync pulse, tracking tools ignores this setup... hence when we press record it begins to record data rather than waiting for the external pulse to record each frame. The blue light is lighting up at what looks like the correct frequency on the Optihub, so I am confident the pulse in is correct. Is there something that I am missing or is this likely to be bug?

A further observation... when I change to the 3D glasses sync option the trigger works as before (presumably because this requires a similar rising edge). Therefore it seems to be a bug.

Sorry for cross-posting this question, but I didn't get a response in the Optitrack Support section....
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: External Sync Problems Tracking Tools 2.5.0

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

I'll take a look into this. Will report back with more information.
NaturalPoint - Mike

I tested this with a function generator in a few different versions of Tracking Tools on both an OptiHub and an I/O-X (V120-Duo and V120-Trio). It worked properly in 2.5.0 as well as previous versions and in development versions.

What type of camera are you using, and how do you have your settings? A screenshot of the settings would be very helpful.
litch09

Post by litch09 »

We have two V100:R2 and one V100:R2FS cameras.

The Custom sync setup is as follows -

Synchronisation Control -
Sync Mode = Optisync;
Globasl Sync Offset = 0;
Sync Input
Source = Sync In;
Input Trigger = Rising Edge;
Input Divider = 1;

When I press record with these settings it automatically starts recording even though no pulse is going to the sync input (the blue light on optihub is not flashing). In contrast, if I use the 3D glasses sync option, everything works as before.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Hmm, interesting. I couldn't reproduce that here with 2.5.0. Do you have an OptiHub 1 or 2?
litch09

Post by litch09 »

We are using an Optihub 1.