F1 2012 keys don't work ingame

Faman

F1 2012 keys don't work ingame

Post by Faman »

I am using TIR 4 software while TIR 5 software doesn't track the full motion of heads up with Trackclip Pro. It looses track at about 55 degrees, too bad because I like the pause in centering with TIR 5 software.

But with both software the ingame keys of the F1 2011-2012 don't work anymore. I remember they did work in the beginning.
Now I need to Alt-Tab to TrackIR for centering which is very cumbersome.

How can I get it right again?
I did a reinstall with game updates but still the same problem.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: F1 2012 keys don't work ingame

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Try starting both TrackIR and F1 by right clicking on the icons and selecting "run as administrator", which should correct potential permissions mismatches within windows that prevent hotkey trapping.
Faman

Post by Faman »

Sorry, I think I had to post to the section Driving enhanced games but I tried running both as administrator and it didn't work. Strange, I can remember that the Hotkeys did work in the beginning but after Alt-Tabbing or Alt-Enter exiting windows mode, Or updating TIR software I lost the Hotkeys.

This was F1 2012, but in F1 2011 the Hotkeys aren't working either anymore.
Is this a failure of the TIR software or the game.exe?
Other titles are still working fine..

Can you also explain why TIR5 software is loosin track of my trackclip pro?
NaturalPoint - Mike

[quote=Faman]Sorry, I think I had to post to the section Driving enhanced games but I tried running both as administrator and it didn't work. Strange, I can remember that the Hotkeys did work in the beginning but after Alt-Tabbing or Alt-Enter exiting windows mode, Or updating TIR software I lost the Hotkeys.

This was F1 2012, but in F1 2011 the Hotkeys aren't working either anymore.
Is this a failure of the TIR software or the game.exe?
Other titles are still working fine..[/quote]

Try turning on/off key trapping in the TrackIR advanced options and see if that helps. Also, it might be a good idea to check the F1 hotkeys to make sure there's nothing on those.

If that doesn't work, try doing a reinstall of TrackIR:
Unplug your camera, and uninstall the TrackIR software.
Download a new copy of the latest version of the TrackIR software, and save it to your desktop (note: do not run from the downloader).
Right click on the installer, and select "Run as administrator" (even if your account is an administrator) Finish the installation as normal, plug in your camera, and verify that drivers are properly installed via the device manager.
Run the software, and see if it works properly.

[quote=Faman]
Can you also explain why TIR5 software is loosin track of my trackclip pro? [/quote]

I'll need a bit more information. Where it it losing track of the clip? Can you send a screenshot of the TrackIR software when it loses the clip?
Faman

Post by Faman »

I tried all of your advices but none works..
I found out that with all of the F1 series (including Dirt 2.exe F1 2010) the hotkeys aren't working on my OS Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit. They did without hazzle on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

It's strange how other titles like Arma 2 and flightsims work flawlessly, while F1's having this stubborn hotkey problem...

I guess I have to wait with those Codemaster titles till I reinstalled another OS.

What's on F1 besides Help?

BTW. that Trackclip Pro problem has to do with dots colliding/alligning on the IR screen; that's why it stops tracking when I tilt head about 55 degrees up: this dot alligning doesn't occur on TIR 4 software...
Faman

Post by Faman »

Too bad, another message online. Oh well I found out those Codemasters F1 titles don't work on my older computer with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit neither with ingame Hotkeys.

There's definately something wrong with Codemaster's .exe or Naturalpoint's profile isn't complete. Or it could be lack of Windows 7 support.

I guess most TIR users are into flightsims which are doin fine, and not Codemaster's driving sims because there are no complaints to be found on Windows 7 about the Hotkeys ingame..

About the Trackclip Pro, it was somethin else; the upper dot early turns red when tiltin my head up. So it looses track and behaves rather erratically with TIR 5 software.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Dot collisions are the result of both markers being in the same line of sight to the camera. Software version should not matter in this occurring.

There is no difference whatsoever between Windows 7 Ultimate and Enterprise except for the activation method. OS should not make a difference here.
Faman

Post by Faman »

No, like I said the TIR 5 software is loosin track of the upper dot on the IR screen with a slight tilt of the head. So it turns red, the 3 dots together should still have got enough room while they're in the center of the IR screen.
In the TIR 4 IR screen this problem doesn't occur..

Is there a change we can see a game update on the Codemasters titles about the Hotkeys?
I think everyone usin TrackIR with those driving games is having this problem, but just accept it...

Okay, I see if I can send a screenshot about the trackclip pro if you still don't get it.
Does TrackIR function better if you remove old usb inf?
It seems like it's not made for USB 2.0 and is more smooth on USB 1.0 (system warning ignored).
NaturalPoint - Mike

A screenshot would certainly help.

Old INF files shouldn't make too much of a difference. The device is USB 1.1, however there shouldn't be any slowdown on a 2.0 bus unless you have other devices using that controller that pre-empt the streaming from the TrackIR.