TiR3 degrade with redscreen

JarheadEd

TiR3 degrade with redscreen

Post by JarheadEd »

My TrackIR3 with vector has started degrading over the last few days. It starts normally, with the 4 red lights, but the center green is flashing. camera view is red. I have changed nothing with no environment changes in the background to interfere with lighting or reflections.

Screenshot
JarheadEd

Re: TiR3 degrade with redscreen

Post by JarheadEd »

So it's back up and running. I ended up doing 2 uninstall/ reinstallations, and did 2 reboots before the last attempt and it came up clean. The first attempt it worked, but was "Jittery" and the camera was showing streaking on the track clip. Either way, I will keep this updated in case it starts going south again.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hmm, is the serial number in the range of 152000 to 152916?
JarheadEd

Post by JarheadEd »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]Hmm, is the serial number in the range of 152000 to 152916? [/quote]

Nope, it is ######. It still seems to be running fine as of today.
Last edited by JarheadEd on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Serial number removed.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Sorry, didn't see the TrackIR3 there, the serial range I listed is for the 5's.

At that age, the issue is probably a slowly failing device. It's likely that it will need to be replaced eventually.
JarheadEd

Post by JarheadEd »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]Sorry, didn't see the TrackIR3 there, the serial range I listed is for the 5's.

At that age, the issue is probably a slowly failing device. It's likely that it will need to be replaced eventually. [/quote]

Tonight

Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=JarheadEd][quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]Sorry, didn't see the TrackIR3 there, the serial range I listed is for the 5's.

At that age, the issue is probably a slowly failing device. It's likely that it will need to be replaced eventually. [/quote]

Tonight

Image[/quote]
Yep, that looks like a goner. Sorry, Ed.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
JarheadEd

Post by JarheadEd »

Well, it has been almost a year since my last post about the death of my track IR 3. However, much like this thread, it arose from the dead and shambled on. Until today.

This fateful day that it knew was coming. Quite often I would have to try multiple USB unplug/replugs to get it to start. And it would, and it continued working. The ever faithful zombie track IR 3. But it knew,..we all knew, it would come to this.

Three days ago I ordered a TrackIR 5 through Amazon. Today the 5 went out for delivery. I decided to play some ARMA 3 Beta while I waited.

"One last time old friend". I gently double clicked the Vector icon, Ver 5.2.200 booted, but the LED's did not illuminate. "No matter" I thought. "I've seen this before, I'll just unplug it and plug it back, That has always worked"
But not today. Not the first time, nor the second time, nor the fifth or twentieth time. I knew this would happen someday. It's the inevitability off all peripherals.
It is in it's forever off state.

Fare well you glorious bastard! You outlasted everything else PC related I ever owned. You were an epic device. Much like the Highlander, there can be only one. The 5 will be here soon.

R.I.P. TrackIR3 with vector expansion. 2004-2013.

TL:DR TIR3 lasted forever.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

JarheadEd wrote:Well, it has been almost a year since my last post about the death of my track IR 3. However, much like this thread, it arose from the dead and shambled on. Until today.

This fateful day that it knew was coming. Quite often I would have to try multiple USB unplug/replugs to get it to start. And it would, and it continued working. The ever faithful zombie track IR 3. But it knew,..we all knew, it would come to this.

Three days ago I ordered a TrackIR 5 through Amazon. Today the 5 went out for delivery. I decided to play some ARMA 3 Beta while I waited.

"One last time old friend". I gently double clicked the Vector icon, Ver 5.2.200 booted, but the LED's did not illuminate. "No matter" I thought. "I've seen this before, I'll just unplug it and plug it back, That has always worked"
But not today. Not the first time, nor the second time, nor the fifth or twentieth time. I knew this would happen someday. It's the inevitability off all peripherals.
It is in it's forever off state.

Fare well you glorious bastard! You outlasted everything else PC related I ever owned. You were an epic device. Much like the Highlander, there can be only one. The 5 will be here soon.

R.I.P. TrackIR3 with vector expansion. 2004-2013.

TL:DR TIR3 lasted forever.
Thanks for the final, hilarious update. Glad to hear that your TIR3 was a fighter to the end. :-)

/slow clap
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack