Slower & Smoother

xcltm3

Slower & Smoother

Post by xcltm3 »

Just a question for anyone who has been able to unlock this little tweak for TIR.

I fly the NGX and have developed a "reasonable" profile for it.

The only missing link for me is the relationship in the settings between Speed, Smooth and FULL Axis.

I'm trying to maximize the Yaw, Pitch & Roll axis as much as possible to allow full vision around the flightdeck. I have largely achieved this. Having said that, I need to SLOW the head movement down significantly, but when I do this within settings I lose a significant portion of the FULL head movement I had achieved?

Currently Smooth is set to 50. Slow is set to 0.4. Can anyone explain how to tweak this catch 22 situation?

I just require FULL head axis, with slower head movement so that it is not so jerky and unpredictable.

Appreciate any valuable input.

Rgds,
Seth Steiling

Re: Slower & Smoother

Post by Seth Steiling »

What you're experiencing is, in part, unavoidable and simply part of the scaled motion tracking experience. You achieve a large range of motion by scaling the motion up, but scaling the motion up will increase the speed. It's impossible to totally eliminate this dynamic. You can soften the overall feel of the motion by increasing smoothing, but it appears you'e already done so--to the point of maxing the smoothing setting out.

I would recommend downloading and experimenting with my Flight profile, found here:

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post38620

If you use that profile, with the smoothing maxed at 50, and the speed set at 1, you should experience very gentle, muted motion control (and retain the necessary scaling to look all over the cockpit).

If you try that, and you find the experience is still too jerky or sudden, then it's likely that there is either something wrong with how you have the system set up, or it's a matter of personal preference and a need for acclimation--because that profile, when maxed on smoothing, is about as gentle as TrackIR gets. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
xcltm3

Post by xcltm3 »

Thanks Seth, will give your profile a go.

Rgds,
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Sure thing. Good luck. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack