TrackClip Pro short circuit

morrtz

TrackClip Pro short circuit

Post by morrtz »

Hi,

I have TrackIR5 with the TrackClip Pro for over a year now and I'm very satisfied, it is an excellent experience!

Unfortunately I've encountered a big problem with the TrackClip Pro, My computer stopped working completely! And I mean does not start (power button does nothing).
At first I thought there was a problem with the PSU or the MB but after a thorough check by a professional computer technician we concluded there is no problem with any component of the computer.
I proceeded with taking the computer home to test it and to my surprise it didn't start again, although I witnessed that it did start at the technicians' station.

After further tests, I found that the computer without any USB connections seemed to work fine, I began testing few USB outlets and they seemed fine, then I began testing all my USB devices one by one and the only one who made the system go back to standby mode (power button not working) is the TrackClip Pro.

I would love to know if there is any workaround or anything I could do to fix it.

Thanks in advance!

I hope this can help anyone else in figuring out the problem.
Mor
morrtz

Re: TrackClip Pro short circuit

Post by morrtz »

I've managed to fix the TrackClip Pro, I found out that I accedently drove over the wire with the chair and that made it short circuit because the wires got tangled together.

I fixed the short circuit and it seemed to work, but after a while of using it again, it seemed to short circuit again.

After some consideration I decided it's best to connect it to a direct power supply instead, so i connected it to a power unit with 5V and + polarity (is that the correct power setting?)
It seems to work, but the lights seem to be much more powerfull in the TrackIR program, hopefully the leds will hold :)
jolsonsalem

Re: TrackClip Pro short circuit

Post by jolsonsalem »

There are several people out there who have had success doing what you describe. Between chairs and cats I have ruined my share of cables too!