Let me dream a little ...

7ced7

Let me dream a little ...

Post by 7ced7 »

I do not think a lot of testing new cameras "Prime 41".
I ask myself a few questions by ignoring the budget:
What is the size maximum catchment area is it possible to achieve with these cameras? And height?
The catchment area decreases it during mocaps you outside?
Combiens characters can we capture in this space?
Y is there any actions we do not know capture?
How far should find the cameras to get the maximum area?
Is it possible to capture the fingers? Simultaneously on all the characters?
How many cameras are needed to obtain the maximum catchment area?
Do you have any other demo videos where it is possible to see a wider area?
thank you

ps: sorry for my bad english ...
Seth Steiling

Re: Let me dream a little ...

Post by Seth Steiling »

The answers to some of your questions would depend on camera count and aiming, but to give you an idea of what the Prime 41 can do:

- Maximum body capture volume should be around 75' x 150'. Maximum height really just depends on how high you mount the cameras. Higher mounting height = taller volume with less horizontal volume. We can provide more specific numbers if you want, but we need to hammer out camera count and capture requirements.

- Outdoor capture volume sizes are smaller, because the cameras have about half the range when used outdoors.

- Right now we're looking at 5-6 actors as the upper limit, with support for more on the way.

- Nearly any actions should be able to to be captured, with high-occlusion motions requiring more cameras. Some, like curling up into a ball, would most likely not track well.

- The maximum setup area for body tracking would be around 85' x 160'.

- Finger capture on all characters, simultaneously, is possible.

- Maximum cameras highly depends on how many actors you have, what kind of motions you want to track, etc. The largest volumes would likely have between 48 and 100+ cameras, depending on numerous factors.

- We do want to get a video up showing the really large volume performance. Right now we're working to get a venue for the test.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
7ced7

Post by 7ced7 »

thank you for the detailed answers! these cameras look really amazing!
there-was there a limited number of cameras?
With 24 cameras, which area would be possible?
Is it possible to upgrade this system? (start with 24 cameras and buy later?)
We have not yet held to welcome these cameras and therefore seek the best configuration of place ... (and therefore know the maximum potential of this camera ...) the idea is to know the maximum area to capture the maximum number of character regardless of the price and the number of cameras.
it would be awesome to have a program 3d simulation of the capture area "theoretical" in relation to the number of cameras and their position ...
Congratulations for your work and keep it up!
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

The max volume size will vary a bit, depending on camera height and desired camera density (with more density yielding more precise data), but you should be able to expect 24 Prime 41s to yield a capture volume in the range of 30' x 30' up to 45' x 45'. That would require a setup area of between 50' x 50' and 65' x 65'.

You can expand the system over time, just like with our previous cameras. Like the S250e, there really isn't a hard limit to camera count.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
7ced7

Post by 7ced7 »

thank you for that clarification
7ced7

Post by 7ced7 »

Is it possible to capture full body including the fingers and facial on several characters simultaneously with Prime 41?
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Full performance capture (body, face, fingers) is possible with the Prime 41, though the setup would be a little different than a body-only or body+finger setup. Because of the small marker size and high density of a face markerset, using perimeter cameras for performance capture requires a smaller setup area and narrower FOV lenses.

A typical setup would be around 30' x 30'. We would also recommend custom lenses, which we can provide. Lastly, the required camera count will be considerably higher than a standard mocap volume--with the exact number being something that we could spec out for you based on your needs and setup environment.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack