Trackable dynamic constraints problem

Cameron

Trackable dynamic constraints problem

Post by Cameron »

Hi,
I use trackables to track UAVs in a research lab setting and I was having an issue occasionally. I use 4 markers for my trackable and if 1 marker becomes occluded momentarily, the remaining 3 markers can experience aliasing and I get jumps in my trackable orientation (specifically using the yaw for heading measurement).

So I went into TT to replicate the issue. Then, I set my trackable's dynamic rotation constraint to TRUE and set the max rotation/frame to 10 degrees. I tried replicating the "jump" in TT and it seemed to be working (no longer jumping if I occlude 1 marker). I saved the trackable definition file. Then, when running my system I use the TT libraries to interface to the cameras and I load the calibration and trackable definition files, but I still see the solution's rotation measurements jumping (which did not happen in TT after setting the dynamic rotation constraint). I reloaded TT and the trackable definition file to confirm the setting was correct and it looks fine in TT. So, is it possible that this setting is not applied properly outside of TT, i.e., when using the NPTrackingTools DLL and loading the trackable definition file? Thanks for any help.