TT_TrackableMarker Question

NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: TT_TrackableMarker Question

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

TT_MarkerPosition returns the local position of the marker relative to the centroid of the rigid body. If you need the position of an untracked marker, you can use the rigid body centroid position and orientation to transform the value given by TT_MarkerPosition and get the location where the marker would be.
nuLIMS

TT_TrackableMarker Question

Post by nuLIMS »

I am trying to determine the position of a marker in a rigid body that may or may not be in the camera frame at a certain point of time. I notice that the function TT_TrackableMarker returns constant [x,y,z] for that marker even if the rigid body is moving. Does TT_TrackableMarker return the marker's relative position with respect to the trackable's frame? And if so, what would be the best way of determining where this marker is located in the global space? I can't do a distance from the trackable's location comparison due to the high likelihood of the markers I'm interested in being occluded. Thank you for your help.
bencrossman

Post by bencrossman »

It would be great to get some example code to do this transform.

I'm not sure how to apply the orientation returned by TT_TrackableLocation to the values returned by TT_TrackableMarker.

Cheers

Ideally if you could use XMVECTOR / XMMATRIX but I'm not too fussed.
bencrossman

Post by bencrossman »

I tried some code like this:
[font:Courier New][size:3pt]float p1[3],p2[3],p3[3],position[3],orientation[4],dummy;
TT_TrackableMarker(0,0,&(p1[0]),&(p1[1]),&(p1[2]));
TT_TrackableMarker(0,0,&(p2[0]),&(p2[1]),&(p2[2]));
TT_TrackableMarker(0,0,&(p3[0]),&(p3[1]),&(p3[2]));
TT_TrackableLocation(0,&(position[0], &(position[1], &(position[2]),&(orientation[0]), &(orientation[1]),&(orientation[2]),&(orientation[3]), &dummy,&dummy,&dummy);

XMMATRIX matrix = XMMatrixRotationQuaternion(XMVectorSet(orientation[0],orientation[1],orientation[2],orientation[3]));
matrix = XMMatrixMultiply(matrix,XMMatrixTranslation(position[0],position[1],position[2]));

XMVECTOR result = XMVector3Transform(XMVectorSet(p1[0],p1[1],p1[2],1),matrix);
p1[0]=XMVectorGetX(result);
p1[1]=XMVectorGetY(result);
p1[2]=XMVectorGetZ(result);

result = XMVector3Transform(XMVectorSet(p2[0],p2[1],p2[2].z,1),matrix);
p2[0]=XMVectorGetX(result);
p2[1]=XMVectorGetY(result);
p2[2]=XMVectorGetZ(result);

result = XMVector3Transform(XMVectorSet(p3[0],p3[1],p3[2].z,1),matrix);
p3[0]=XMVectorGetX(result);
p3[1]=XMVectorGetY(result);
p3[2]=XMVectorGetZ(result);[/size][/font]
The three resulting points do not match the points I get if I just use TT_FrameMarkerX/Y/Z etc...
bencrossman

Post by bencrossman »

Ah nevermind, just found the function
TT_TrackablePointCloudMarker

which does what I need. Shame it doesnt give you predicted position of any untracked points.
bencrossman

Post by bencrossman »

Sorry looks like it does untracked points too, just need to add more points to help the trackable
bencrossman

Post by bencrossman »

I added more points but TT_TrackablePointCloudMarker still returns empty vectors for untracked points so looks like I will need that working code like above

Thanks
bencrossman

Post by bencrossman »

Ok, gave up on quaternions and used the Euler angles. Looks like the following code does what I want.

Code: Select all

void PointCloudMarker(int RigidIndex, int MarkerIndex, float &x, float &y, float &z)
{
  bool tracked;
  TT_TrackablePointCloudMarker(RigidIndex,MarkerIndex,tracked,x,y,z);
  if (!tracked)
  {
    TT_TrackableMarker(RigidIndex,MarkerIndex,&x,&y,&z);

float position[3],dummy,yaw, pitch, roll;
    TT_TrackableLocation(0,&(position[0]), &(position[1]), &(position[2]),&dummy,&dummy,&dummy,&dummy, &yaw, &pitch, &roll);
    // The Eulers are applied in the following order: Y, Z, X
    XMMATRIX matrix = XMMatrixRotationAxis(XMVectorSet(0,1,0,0),-yaw*float(M_PI/180));
    matrix = XMMatrixMultiply(matrix,XMMatrixRotationAxis(XMVectorSet(0,0,1,0),-pitch*float(M_PI/180)));
    matrix = XMMatrixMultiply(matrix,XMMatrixRotationAxis(XMVectorSet(1,0,0,0),-roll*float(M_PI/180)));
    matrix = XMMatrixMultiply(matrix,XMMatrixTranslation(position[0],position[1],position[2]));
    XMVECTOR result = XMVector3Transform(XMVectorSet(x,y,z,1),matrix);
    x=XMVectorGetX(result);
    y=XMVectorGetY(result);
    z=XMVectorGetZ(result);
  }
}
bencrossman

Post by bencrossman »

That should be :

Code: Select all

TT_TrackableLocation(RigidIndex,