Cursor sticking to the top of the screen

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
emilyp

Cursor sticking to the top of the screen

Post by emilyp »

I am having an issue with my cursor going to the top of the screen and then sticking there. I can move it right and left but never down. Sometimes it also sticks to the left side like this, and I can move it up and down but never to the right. Whenever this happens, the cursor also disappears in my Dragon NaturallySpeaking mouse grid, so I cannot even use that as the mouse control when this happens. After I have someone else to manually close Smart Nav and reopen, all the issues disappear until the next time it happens. I can't figure out what is triggering these events. Any ideas? My settings are the same as they have always been. I am also finding that when these events happen, the cursor is not centered. The yellow light is in the center of the grid, according to the control panel, but my cursor itself will not be in the center. The F12 key does not work to center it, either.
jolsonsalem

Re: Cursor sticking to the top of the screen

Post by jolsonsalem »

Emily,
If you click on Control Panel and then on the Gravity tab, is Use Cursor Gravity checked? And if so what other options are checked and what is the snap/stick duration sliders set to?
nsr1

Re: Cursor sticking to the top of the screen

Post by nsr1 »

I've had that happen to me. Make sure Relative is selected under Cursor Positioning.