External Sync Problems Tracking Tools 2.5.0

litch09

External Sync Problems Tracking Tools 2.5.0

Post by litch09 »

I have recently upgraded our Tracking Tools software to 2.5.0 on a 64-bit windows machine. Previously we were able to use an external sync pulse (50-100Hz) wired to the Sync In to synchronize with other systems (2.3.2 on windows 32-bit). However, in the new version of the software on a 64-bit version of windows it seems that once the external trigger is setup to record on the rising edge of the sync pulse, tracking tools ignores this setup... hence when we press record it begins to record data rather than waiting for the external pulse to record each frame. The blue light is lighting up at what looks like the correct frequency on the Optihub, so I am confident the pulse in is correct. Is there something that I am missing or is this likely to be bug?
litch09

Re: External Sync Problems Tracking Tools 2.5.0

Post by litch09 »

A further observation... when I change to the 3D glasses sync option the trigger works as before (presumably because this requires a similar rising edge). Therefore it seems to be a bug.
sabres839

Post by sabres839 »

I am having the same problem and rolled back to TrackingTools v 2.3.0 and the Sync In works fine so something with the newest updates is causing the sync to not work properly.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi guys. We're going to do some digging on this to see if we can isolate the issue. Could be a bug. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

Hi sabres839,

I'll be investigating this. If possible, could you take a screenshots of the sync settings you're using when you experience the problem just so I can be sure we're testing under the same set of settings? Then send the screenshot to support@naturalpoint.com

Thanks!
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

Ok, this issue has been identified and fixed. We will likely be releasing a new version here shortly to address this issue. This is also pending a few other reported issues that I'm investigating.

Thank you for reporting it.