TrackIR, DisplayLink and windows 8

Sethos

Re: TrackIR, DisplayLink and windows 8

Post by Sethos »

That sounds great!

If there is any info you need from a crashing/conflict system just let me know.
Sethos

Post by Sethos »

I think I found the solution to this problem.

Go to your motherboard manufacture support site and search for drivers for your specific card, see if you can find Lucid Virtu Software. I found it under Utilities for my Asus motherboard.

Download and install.

It works for me.

(Web site http://www.lucidlogix.com/driverdownloads.html)

Merry christmas guys
Sethos
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

That may have been why I couldn't reproduce the problem, as I don't have it on my test PC here. On my personal PC at home I do have the Lucid Virtu software. I ended up disabling it as it was giving me horrible performance in some games though.
G00dnight

Post by G00dnight »

Is there any news on this, I dont have the lucid on my system but v5 wont work,,as with others it starts in processes but the gui wont start no error messages.it worked upto installing usb monitors.
I have a pen 9300 quad at stock,4 gig ddr2 ram, xfx radeon 6970, biostar really cheap mobo. 4 monitors 2 of run on usb, Tir3, TM warthog,TM cougar mfd's, saitek combat pedals.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi P1gPen,

So far, we haven't been able to reproduce the crash with any of our DisplayLink USB displays, and I think we've tried three or four. We're still trying to hunt it down, but repro is critical.

Are you positive that it's not related to your AMD card? Would you be willing to try out a test build of the TrackIR software to confirm this? If so, you can download it here:

http://media.naturalpoint.com/ftp/npupl ... -TB-VS.exe
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
G00dnight

Post by G00dnight »

trying it now..
i am never positive of anything computer related..

update when i try to run this exe it says no profiles found reinstall, do i have to put this in the v5 folder?..
G00dnight

Post by G00dnight »

OK put in v5 folder and run it and it works gonna test a little bit but I now have a gui window thanks.

Tested and working, one thing the 4 led are lit all the time any way to turn them off, i have a tir3 with vector pro,if not no probs just happy to get it working again..v5 software is a lot better than the other.
Last edited by G00dnight on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:32 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: update
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=P1gPen]OK put in v5 folder and run it and it works gonna test a little bit but I now have a gui window thanks.

Tested and working, one thing the 4 led are lit all the time any way to turn them off, i have a tir3 with vector pro,if not no probs just happy to get it working again..v5 software is a lot better than the other.[/quote]
Thanks for the report. Glad to hear that the fix worked for you.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
JLH

Post by JLH »

Hi Seth, unfortunately no joy with the test build. when running it i get prompted with the UAC prompt to run as admin then i just get the spinning loading cursor for about 5 seconds and then nothing. I can see the process running in task manager but it doesnt show in the system tray.

i actually get the same problem with the logitech gaming software (v8.4) for the G19 keyboard i bought recently so it looks more GPU/displaylink related than trackIR.

I tried the lucid software but its for intel boards. mines an ASUS AMD chipset.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Thanks for the feedback, DudeFromOz. DisplayLink is tricky, because as of yet we haven't been able to reproduce the crash on any machine internally. It sounds like P1gPen was dealing with an AMD crash, so we're back to square one on sorting this out. We're on it, though. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack