Track IR hotkeys conflicting with joystick buttons?

d.burnette

Track IR hotkeys conflicting with joystick buttons?

Post by d.burnette »

As of late, all of a sudden my hotkeys I have assigned for pause and center commands , of Track IR5, seem to be duplicated on some joystick buttons for some reason.
I have the TM Warthog joystick, and am running Track IR software version 5.2.100. It also did it with the previous version of the software.

What is happening, is I have my pause command assigned to my G400 mouse's left back button , and the center command assigned to the left forward button on the mouse. Both these buttons work as assigned.

However, the paddle switch on my joystick ( joy button 4), and the button at the top side ( joy button 1), also do these commands, ie joystick button 4 pauses the Track IR, and the Joystick button 1 re-centers the Track IR.

I cannot figure out, why these joystick buttons are doing this.

Thanks for any ideas,
jolsonsalem

Re: Track IR hotkeys conflicting with joystick buttons?

Post by jolsonsalem »

Do you have some virtual mouse commands set up in the TARGET software?
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

Hi Jeff,
Thank you for your reply.
No , that is what is confusing, I am not even running Target at this time, as I am running in DCS-A10C. Without the sim even running, I have this conflict. In the TIR software, it shows I have pause and re-center assigned to my mouse buttons, and they work - but the paddle, and the S1 button on the stick, perform the same as well... The paddle pauses the Track IR, and the S1 button re-centers it.
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

If you don't have TrackIR running do the joystick buttons still act as mouse click?
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

No, they do not.

And, it only does this, if I assign the two mentioned TIR commands to the forward and back button on my G400 mouse. I have other TIR profiles where I have the commands assigned elsewhere, and I do not have any conflict such as this. The reason I want them assigned to my mouse buttons for this profile, is for flying DCS-A10C I really don't have any available joystick buttons to map those commands to, so would like to have them on my mouse buttons. But obviously with those two joystick buttons doing the same with TIR, would cause me problems whilst flying the sim.

Thanks,
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

Don -
I have been talking with Thrustmaster and am trying to work on a fix but I don't have one as of yet. Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about this.
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

Many thanks Jeff, I appreciate your pursuing that with TM!
Elwin

Post by Elwin »

Another thread about the same issue:
http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... mber=48677