Have to keep getting closer to the camera unit

jja66uk

Have to keep getting closer to the camera unit

Post by jja66uk »

Hello

I've found recently that I have to keep getting closer to the camera unit of my TrackIR5 pro to get it to work. I use the Track clip Pro and haven't had any problems until recently. The camera is usually about 2'8" from my head but I now have to get within 12" to make it work which is too close. The symptoms are that the camera does not pick up the track clip pro (or the vector clip when I've tried it) and the green led's keep going out. I'm using TrackIR4 (4.2.039) software. I bought the unit in January 2011. I was hoping it might last longer than 2 years considering the price.
Seth Steiling

Re: Have to keep getting closer to the camera unit

Post by Seth Steiling »

Have you tried your TrackIR with the 5.x software? It offers better performance, and it's also easier to troubleshoot these types of problems with it than with the 4.x software. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
jja66uk

Post by jja66uk »

I did try the 5.x software but it caused problems with my ATI graphics card. I'll update the card drivers and try again.
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

We have posted a fix in another thread that we are testing with AMD/ATI video cards. Please see the tread at http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post54279 and let us know if that worked for you with version 5.
Moses

Post by Moses »

I am having this issue as well with the 5.2 software installed. I am using the Trackclip and watching it usually one of the reflectors shows up red in the software and i lose functionality. I have had this TIR5 product for just a couple months.
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

Are you using a TrackClip Pro (attaches to a headset) or a regular TrackClip (attaches to a hat)?
Moses

Post by Moses »

just the track Clip
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

If just one of the reflectors goes red there is probably some IR light interference that it is picking up on. If you right click anywhere on the grid and choose Camera View it may be easier to spot what it is. It should show up as another red or green spot in the view.
jja66uk

Post by jja66uk »

Hello Seth

Thanks, the latest 5.x software plus the latest video card drivers seems to have fixed the problem. One odd thing I've noticed. When I run the TrackIR software only one green LED comes on. When I run a game both come on. Maybe I've just noticed this? Doesn't seem to have any effect on the operation of the unit though.
molleh

Post by molleh »

[quote=jja66uk]Hello Seth

Thanks, the latest 5.x software plus the latest video card drivers seems to have fixed the problem. One odd thing I've noticed. When I run the TrackIR software only one green LED comes on. When I run a game both come on. Maybe I've just noticed this? Doesn't seem to have any effect on the operation of the unit though. [/quote]

You might want to glance through the documentation. ;) That is how it is supposed to work. The left LED indicates if the camera is tracking properly, the right LED indicates it has detected a supported game.