I cannot open the screen with the crosshair screen,setu

lfishe4816

I cannot open the screen with the crosshair screen,setu

Post by lfishe4816 »

I have the Trackir Pro ser #XXXXX. Win 7x64 OS. I use FSX exclusively. I have Ver 4.1 build 28 installed. It worked great, but now I need to uncheck0 the true view box and I cannot get to the setup screen. I am happy with my profile, but to use with EZdok I have to make some changes. I am afraid of screwing something up by going to the updated version. How do I install the newest version TrackIR_4.2.0.39? Will I have to redo my profile? Do I have to uninstall it from the control panel uninstall/change page before I install the new version? I have searched the forum but was not able to find the answer to my question. I have read the manuel numerous times. Thank you for your help.

Lynn
Last edited by lfishe4816 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:52 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Removed serial number
jolsonsalem

Re: I cannot open the screen with the crosshair screen,setu

Post by jolsonsalem »

To get the latest version of of TrackIR you can download it from our website at: http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06- ... nuals.html

You can use either version 4 or 5 of the software with your TrackIR 4. You can also have both versions installed at the same time, but only one can be actively running. If you just install the newer version without uninstalling first it should preserve your profiles as well, but just in case you can back them up. They are usually located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR4\Profiles"

I am curious though what is preventing you from disabling TrueView in your current version, are you getting any kind of error?
lfishe4816

Post by lfishe4816 »

Now the I know that I can use Ver 5 software with my hardware, I have read the ver 5 manual and see the screen that is giveing me the trouble with being able to see is the basic setup screen. I cannot see it. It appears to me that the update is a hugh improvement to what I have been using for so long. I have been using computers for a very long time and I have had more problems when I tried to fix what was not broken. So as long as something works I don't try to fix it. Now my Trackir is not working the way I want. So, if I update to the latest ver, which shows to be 5.2.1 final, and do not uninstall what I have, I should not loose my profile that I like and would probably be the quickest and best fix. Is that correct?

Because I cannot get to the basic setup screen is why I cannot check or uncheck the true view box etc.. I have been using it succesfully for so long that I can't remember when it always showed up or how to bring it up. I have opened every screen I can find to no avail. Basically what I can get is tracking, heads, gauges. Main, Profiles, News. File,View,Options, Tools, Update, Help, but no basic setup page.

Thank you,

Lynn
Last edited by lfishe4816 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: updated knowledge
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

You will not loose the profile in TrackIR 4, but may have to modify the ones that come with version 5.2.1 to your liking.

To get to the TrueView checkbox in version 4 you click on the Profiles tab then click on the Edit button. This will open 3 new windows named Tracking, Gauges, and one with the name of the profile. On the new window with the name of the profile there is a tab named Motion, it is on this page that you will find the checkbox for TrueVuew.

In TrackIR 5 you can find it by clicking the down arrow next to Advanced Settings and then on the Profiles tab is the checkbox.

Version 5 has a much more accessible interface as you can see from the description of how to get to the settings you need, but if you are comfortable with version 4 I understand if you want to stay with it.
lfishe4816

Post by lfishe4816 »

Thank you very much. I will see how this works. Also you said that I can have both installed at the same time, just can only have one active at a time. So I am going to install ver 5 and see how I like it.

Thanks again

Lynn