CSV structure

Hana

CSV structure

Post by Hana »

Hi,

We just recently started using Tracking Tools and I have a question about the structure of exported CSV file.

When tracking trackables, you get frame information that includes "== -- Marker Detail >for each tracked markerfor each marker in trackable< (x,y,z)".

What is the difference between these two sets of positions? They seem to differ slightly and the markers seem to be presented in a different order.

Thank you,
Hana
NaturalPoint - Brent

Re: CSV structure

Post by NaturalPoint - Brent »

Hana,
I am going to ask around internally in our company and see if I can find an answer for you on this.

Brent
beckdo

Re: CSV structure

Post by beckdo »

The reason there is a minor difference is because one set of marker locations is the original definition of the rigid body placed amongst the point cloud. The other set of markers is the point cloud locations. Since there are real-world errors in the system, however small, the rigid body will not fit exactly on any given frame.

One additional thing that is nice for the rigid body marker locations is that it will give you a location for markers that 'should be there' but are perhaps occluded on a current frame.