Loss of sound when clicking on Dwell Clicker

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Johnny_F

Loss of sound when clicking on Dwell Clicker

Post by Johnny_F »

I have recently bought a new computer. Sometimes, when I have the Dwell Clicker showing for use, after I have used it for an amount of time, when clicking on it, the sound completely disappears from my computer. The only way I have found to get the sound back is to reboot, which is most annoying.

On my old computer, this never happened. Can you Tell me if this is a problem with the Dwell Clicker software or do you think it is with my new computer itself. Have you any ideas to fix this problem?

Thanks
jolsonsalem

Re: Loss of sound when clicking on Dwell Clicker

Post by jolsonsalem »

If you click the setup button on the Dwell Clicking Toolbar there is an option to disable the click sound. As far as I know that is the only way SmartNav/Dwell clicker uses the sound card so I'd be curious to see if disabling that will cause the issue to continue.
Johnny_F

Post by Johnny_F »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Jeff]If you click the setup button on the Dwell Clicking Toolbar there is an option to disable the click sound. As far as I know that is the only way SmartNav/Dwell clicker uses the sound card so I'd be curious to see if disabling that will cause the issue to continue. [/quote]

The computer manufacturer where I bought the computer from has advised me to reinstall the sound driver which I have now done. So far, everything seems to be okay but the option to stop the dwell clicker clicking is also handy to know. If I have any problems in the future, I shall disable this option.

Thank you for the advice Jeff.
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

Glad to hear that it's working again. Let me know if you run into anything else.
Sunny50

Post by Sunny50 »

I am having this trouble with a newer Surface with Windows 10. The sound goes away except th Windows sounds when you click on something that brings up a Windows pop up. I've tried unchecking the sound box but still doesn't work. Computer sound is turned up but cannot play music, videos, ect. Will try a reboot next. Also still having issue with saying its incompatible and when it does start up sometimes will left click instead or right click for a while.