Question if this is possible on my Wireless headphones

Franjo

Question if this is possible on my Wireless headphones

Post by Franjo »

So I purchased a pair of wireless headphones and totally love them. I can never go back to wired. I'm really interested in TrackIR5 and would love to purchase it, depending on this answer.

The only thing holding me back is the USB cable from the TrackClip Pro to the PC. I just can't do it.

This is where my question comes, since my headphones are wireless they're charged via USB. I use a regular USB to micro-USB cable connection on the headphones. (pic attached)

I assume that once the headphones are charged, I could plug something into the micro connection to get power, ie TrackClip Pro to power it up. I'd just have to make a super short USB cable. Possible? Any thoughts? I'm guessing it shouldn't be an issue. I can try plugging my phone into the headphones, if my phone charges then I know I have a power source.

The other question would be how much would it kill my charge.
[img:left]http://www.brightsideofnews.com/Data/20 ... ound/3.JPG[/img]
jolsonsalem

Re: Question if this is possible on my Wireless headphones

Post by jolsonsalem »

While I don't have a lot of answers for this, I am curious to see the results. I'm not sure that the USB port on your headphones will put out power, and if it did it may not be enough to run your phone but might be enough to run the TrackClip Pro. The only thing being powered on the TrackClip Pro is the three small LEDs, and they don't use much power. Several members of the forum have modified their TrackClips to use a battery or an emergency cell phone charger with pretty good success and decent battery life of several hours.
Franjo

Post by Franjo »

So I found out it doesn't give out power, that's fine I can deal with a wire.

Question Jeff, I want to Order the Trackir5 package which includes the ProClip, but just before checkout there shows to be a long delay in shipping with TrackClipPro.

I have the chance to buy just the TrackIR5 device locally in the store, but it doesn't include the ClipPro.

If I just order the TrackClipPro from your site, is there still a long wait time? I'd like to buy both from your site but I really don't want to wait 15 business days for it. Is this still the case?
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Thanks for contacting us. There isn't a long wait. I have seen most orders ship out within 2 - 3 business days lately. I look forward to hearing how you like TrackIR!
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
Franjo

Post by Franjo »

So I picked it up from the store this weekend, it didn't come with the TrackClipPro, just the vector one. I attached it to my hat and was amazed at the precision of it. I like the fact its wireless and works flawlessly.

Can't believe I didn't buy this before, thanks for all your replies for now I'm 100% happy with the vector clip.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Awesome! Glad you enjoy it! If you have any problems at all, please create a ticket here:

help.naturalpoint.com

Best of luck!
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav