TIR 5 & jumpy centering after leaning forward (FSX)

CaptainKorhonen

TIR 5 & jumpy centering after leaning forward (FSX)

Post by CaptainKorhonen »

Hi,

I am having a bit of a problem with my TrackIR 5. The centering is kind of jerky when moving back to the normal position after leaning towards the instrument panel. This is a bit difficult to explain, so here's a diagram of what's happening: (Not to scale. Green and red arrows indicate direction of movement)

As you can see, the camera does this nasty jump near the center position, which makes smooth forwards/backwards leans a pain in the ass. It also does this when returning to the center position after leaning over the panel to see better. It is possible to avoid the "jumps" by doing the movements slowly and really focusing on them, but it strains my neck and makes it very difficult to concentrate on flying the plane.

Is this caused by incorrect setup of my TrackIR, is it a known problem with FSX or is the TIR unit broken in some way?

I am using a TrackClip Pro. Software version is 5.2.100 (Build 14242).
jolsonsalem

Re: TIR 5 & jumpy centering after leaning forward (FSX)

Post by jolsonsalem »

The two settings that come to mind right away are Smoothing and the curve for the Z axis in your profile. Can you post a screenshot showing both of those settings?
CaptainKorhonen

Here's the screenshot:

Edit: Open the image in a new tab or window to see a larger version.

jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

Can you try lowering the smoothing setting down to around 5-10 and see if it still isn't coming back to the right spot?
molleh

Post by molleh »

It's a fault with the TrueView option, no way to fix it.

edit: By that I mean you can uncheck TrueView to get rid of that particular problem, but movements won't be as natural when looking to your sides or behind you.
CaptainKorhonen

[quote=molleh]It's a fault with the TrueView option, no way to fix it.

edit: By that I mean you can uncheck TrueView to get rid of that particular problem, but movements won't be as natural when looking to your sides or behind you. [/quote]

Thank you. It does indeed work perfectly with TrueView switched off. Luckily, I use TIR mainly for improving my situational awareness instead of admiring the flight decks of aircraft so it's not a problem.

Hopefully TrackIR 6 won't have this problem - if such a thing is even planned.