Arma 3 Alpha leaning issue

Dark_Spectre

Arma 3 Alpha leaning issue

Post by Dark_Spectre »

I just installed my Trackir 5 with pro clip and loaded up the Arma 3 oneTOone profile, and spawned a player and chopper in the Arma 3 Editor.
leaning does nothing when I'm in infantry mode, but jump in a helo and I can lean like its nobody's business. :/

tried dyslecxi's profile and the same problem persists .

i tried several different inputs from Trackir and assigned them to lean one at a time and the most I could get was one where if I touched my ear to my shoulder I'd lean like a mere 3 degrees ingame. Is lean not supported in arma 3?
this thing is proving to be not as intuitive as I was lead to believe.
Please, someone tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong?

Thank you for your time,
Spectre
Aka Rich
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: Arma 3 Alpha leaning issue

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi Spectre,

I am pretty sure lean is supported in ARMA 3. I will be installing ARMA 3 tonight and testing it out. Let me know how everything else is working out for you.
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
Guyver1

Post by Guyver1 »

I play Arma3 and lean does work .If its like Arma2 then you cant lean unless you have a weapon.

Dont use one2one profile, that basically means for every 1 degree your real head moves the ingame head moves one degree. For leaning this would require you to fall sideways off your chair!

Lean uses your X-axis. Check the curve on your X axis.

Check out my tutorial video in this thread - http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post55414

to see how a curve affects your movement and how you can create a deadzone etc. My DayZ TrackIR profile is available for download in the youtube description if you watch it on youtube.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Thanks for the awesome information Guyver1.
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav