No device detected

jolsonsalem

Re: No device detected

Post by jolsonsalem »

Glad to hear it!
Chief1942

Post by Chief1942 »

Okay. I know you deal with issue a lot, so perhaps a little direction can help with my problem. TrackIR4 using latest drivers for Win7 64. The device was working and then suddenly I get no response from the device what so ever. No lights, zilch. I've moved the device directly to both USB 2.0 and 3.0 connections and still no joy. I've done the uninstall and re-install several times and still the device does not function nor does it appear in the Device Manager. I sense it may have given up the ghost. Have a new one on the way but have not given up that this hardware problem is simply something I'm doing wrong on this end. When I plug the device in Windows Installation Mgr. does not see it and ask for the drivers to be installed. Any help waould be appreciated. Thanks
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi Chief,

This device isn't recognized in Device Manager? Have you tried it on other computers as well?
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
Chief1942

Post by Chief1942 »

Yes, tried the TrackIR4 on two separate computers, both Win7 64. It shows in neither Device Manager. I thought perhaps as with some, it might show as an
Unknown USB Device" but even that isn't there. Kinda stumped as you might imagine.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

If device manager isn't detecting anything on 2 separate computers, it is safe to assume it is a hardware problem with the TrackIR.
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
Chief1942

Post by Chief1942 »

Thanks for your assistance. That was what I suspected therefore have another in transit.