Rigid body properties missing in Motive:Tracker?

Cameron

Rigid body properties missing in Motive:Tracker?

Post by Cameron »

Hi,

I've just installed Motive 1.0.0 final (Tracker) and I am finding some things missing that were previously in Tracking Tools. I am wondering if there is a new location or procedure or whether it just hasn't been implemented yet:

1) Trackable properties: I don't see the same properties that I used to be able to set for each trackable (flexibility, min marker count, deflection, constraints, etc). The rigid body properties window is a bit sparse (no help text either!).
[s]2) Trackable offsets: I would like to be able to add fixed offsets to my trackables like I did in TT.[/s] Found it!
3) Selectable pivot points: I don't see the option to select any marker as the pivot point for my trackables (although I do see a reset pivot point).
4) A general comment: I notice you've gone back to the naming "Rigid body" instead of "Trackable". Is this the new naming convention or will this be updated back to trackables? I have a fair amount of documentation that would have to be updated so I want to make sure I don't change it for nothing!

IMHO:
If in fact these options/features are not in Motive I am a bit disappointed. My impression so far is that although there might be several improvements claimed in terms of efficiency and bug fixes, my experience with Motive so far is a big step back (from the user experience perspective). I was very happy with TT and use it regularly (as do our clients) for advanced unmanned systems research, so having these options removed is a deal breaker. I cannot yet recommend any of our clients upgrade to Motive because of these issues, so for now I will stick with TT.

Cheers,
Cameron
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: Rigid body properties missing in Motive:Tracker?

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Dear Cameron,

All of the options you are looking for are currently in Motive. I will answer your questions, but first I invite you to check out the motive wiki page which is located here:

http://wiki.optitrack.com/index.php?title=Motive

1) All of the these properties are under the Rigid Bodies Tab than choose "Advanced". I have taken a screen capture:

3) Select a marker in a rigid body and right click the marker. Choose Rigid Body. Here is a screen capture:

4) Rigid Bodies is the new naming convention.

Essentially every feature in Tracking Tools is currently in Motive:Tracker, I would definitely talk to us if you have any concerns. We would love to get you acclimated to the new workflow as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
Apfel

Post by Apfel »

Hi,
same thing is happening to me.
With a Rigid body selected, no "Advanced" tab section appears in the rigid body properties pane.

[image]https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3BHTGp ... sp=sharing[/image]

Where is it? Perhaps a layout-perspective glitch?

I'm also missing the "set Pivot Point on selected marker" right-click option on a rigid body.

I have the 64-bit version installed.

Cheers,
Daniel.
Apfel

Post by Apfel »

Sorry,
but also the Camera properties panel has missing the Advanced panel group (for shutter offset, etc.).

[image]https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3BHTGp ... sp=sharing[/image]

What is happening?

Cheers,
Daniel.

p.s.: How can you embed images in a post that way they appear directly in the page, not only as a link? The indications in the Wiki-FAQ using [ image ] url [ / image ] (without spaces) seem not to work.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

I believe you have the "Show Advanced Setting" option set to "False." Set this to True and you should be able to see the Advanced Properties. I have attached the following steps:

1) Choose "Edit" than "Application Settings..."

2) Under the "Application Settings" Tab, find "Show Advanced Settings."

3) Set the "Show Advanced Settings" value to "true."

Dustin
blooop

Post by blooop »

I also have the same problem.

I want to be able to set the pivot point as one of the markers. My version of motive (1.5.0 64bit) does not have an advanced options setting under "Application options"

I also don't have the option to set the pivot point in the right click menu of a marker as shown in your reply.

I'm going to have to back to tracking tools until this is fixed.

This is a screenshot of the the options available to me.

Thanks
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Hello,

We have removed the "Advanced Options" enabled/disabled toggle. All options should be displayed by default.

Are you attempting to set the pivot point in trajectorized data? This option will not be available unless you trajectorize the data you are working with.

Regards,
Dustin
blooop

Post by blooop »

That still means that the options you are referring to are not available in my install.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by trajectorized data. I had a look on the wiki and it looks like it is something you can apply to data that has already been recorded?

I'd like to be able to set the pivot points for live trackables as in Tracking Tools. I don't ever record data and play it back/export it.
gkfricke

Post by gkfricke »

We just upgraded our installation to Motive 1.5 Final 64-bit, and also do not seem to have access to Advanced Options (particularly the ability to specify static constraints for Rigid Bodies). I believe we had this option in 1.0.2. This is important to us, as orientation is critical to our application.
Our problem is that our body frequently flips Pitch/Roll by 180* each, thus the Yaw value is correct at 0 and 180, but "spins the wrong way".
I do not see the enable/disable option for Advanced Options in Application Settings, and the Advanced Options for Rigid Bodies includes only:
Rigid Body ID
Min Marker Count
Share Markers
Calculation Time
Acquisition Delay

Please help! Thanks!

(Positive notes -- the calibration engine seems to work better than ever, and camera control for 22 V100:R2 is more stable than ever)
gkfricke

Post by gkfricke »

Bug observed:
There appears to be a problem with the orientation calculation. It seems to be just in the Real-Time Info display.

If we rotate a Rigid Body -- even with 4 markers, not in a plane -- in Yaw only (Roll/Pitch constant), the Roll & Pitch values grow from 0 to +/-180 right as the Yaw value approaches 90*. This seems to be a numerical instability issue, where the rotation matrices may have a singularity and thus the angles flip.

Looking at the data from the VRPN stream (quaternion) and translating it (as we have for years), this problem is not there, so perhaps this is simply a display issue.

Also, Motive is unstable when opening files (projects, calibrations), crashing frequently during those activities.