GRID 2

baggyg

GRID 2

Post by baggyg »

Hi Guys,

Just bought a TrackIR5 and really looking forward to testing it out along with my HMZ-T1. Obviously I have a great list of simulators to try out. However just wanted to ask whether TrackIR will be supported by the upcoming version of Codemaster's GRID 2. I had heard that they did away with the cockpit view (to the annoyance of many PC users) so didn't know if that will affect potential support.

Keep up the good work!
Guyver1

Re: GRID 2

Post by Guyver1 »

I too would like an answer to this
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Because they haven't supported external cameras with TrackIR in the past, the removal of the cockpit view likely spells the removal of TrackIR as well.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
panzereich

Post by panzereich »

I can confirm to you that GRID 2 has view direction buttons.
Ie. Del = Look Left Paged down = Look Right

Because the developer has half a brain unlike DICE for Battlefield 3 or understands control implementation unlike Pirhana for Mechwarrior Online, you can now easily Hook you Trakir up to the game via software control.

Even though there doesnt appear to be direct support for trakir, you can still use it to a certain degree.

GRID 1, remains in my eyes, the premier arcadey driver sim with much better support all around and cockpits.

GRID 2, has my exact car in it, 1973 RSLT Z28 Camaro, so I have brought it anyway.
MrPix

Post by MrPix »

....and I can confirm, that TrackIR is working in Cockpit view with 6DOF ... it natively recognises it as Dirt 2!

You have to mod the cam files to get the cockpit view/ reverse cockpit view and the textures are low res in the cockpit itself... but TIR works wonderfully :)

Here's one I made earlier :)
http://youtu.be/IKQ4Nri9CHI

including 2 new added views for bonnet cam LHD and RHD, just in case I get bored with lo-res in the cockpit :)
Last edited by MrPix on Thu May 30, 2013 5:18 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: added info
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Awesome. Nice surprise. :-) Thanks for the tip!
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
nasz

Post by nasz »

Awesome! Any chance you could either upload the modified files or list the settings for which files that need to changed?