erratic cursor again

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Alden

erratic cursor again

Post by Alden »

I've been using SmartNav for years in the same room, same location, same type of painters hat with newer dots. Computers have changed as well as Windows from W95 to Win7.
I have recently experienced erratic cursor activity due to ir reflecting off me. I shut the blinds. I'm unable to increase light filtering anymore. SmartNav will only work when a cloud blocks the sun or late in the afternoon and evening. It seems camera sensitivity has increased. Even an incandescent lamp off to the side now produces too much ir. Things worked perfectly a month ago. I did change to build 39 final. I have also noticed the green led on the camera no longer is on when tracking. I'm baffled.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: erratic cursor again

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Dear Alden,

The hardware on this unit may be malfunctioning. Could you please create a ticket at:

help.naturalpoint.com

I would love to assist you further on this issue.

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
scottl523

Post by scottl523 »

I have started getting the same erratic behavior it's like there is a small light reflection where the green dot stays on. The status keeps jumping between tracking and no data.
Were you able to fix Aldens' problem or should I submit a ticket?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Scottl523,

It would be best to submit a ticket at help.naturalpoint.com.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager