ir and IL2

Steven190

ir and IL2

Post by Steven190 »

I just recieved the IR, Have tried to use it with IL2. The game does not like it, it gives error messages and locks up. Turn off the ir and the game runs fine. This is a game computer and does not have too much running in the background.
I have the setting at 15 for xy
smoothness 120
Any ideas?
Hotdognz

Re: ir and IL2

Post by Hotdognz »

What error msgs is the game or TIR giveing you, also have you tried TIR in any other game like FS2002 or BOB or a FPS using Mouse Emulation ??? if so did it work in them.
Steven190

Post by Steven190 »

It says has preformed a error, do I want tosend it to MS. I did not see what it said as the error. It works with EAW, but needs some tweaking. I have been able to play some with IL2. I turned off the auto-load in the profile. It did play for awhile. It has kicked me to boot up twice. I have played a quick mission without any trouble. I'm using the V 2.0. What else are need for the game. When I select IL2 in the profile it is high lited but not selected for auto load. Is this normal?
I can see that this will take alot of getting use to. I find myself loosing the target. then can't find it looking around. I have to cheat some to get straighten out.
Charvel

Post by Charvel »

The problem isn't with your TIR unit but what you should be looking at are things like VIA chipsets (if you have a VIA mb, get the new 4in1 drivers), a bad stick of memory perhaps (get memtest), or some issue with your 98/XP dual boot setup.

It seems more likely to be a USB issue of some sort by the sounds of it. Do any other games or proggies kick you back to the desktop in a similar manner?

Good luck!
Steven190

Post by Steven190 »

IL2 is on the xp side, along with the troubled CFS3. which kicks me to boot up occationaly, but better with the patch. I still have joystick problems with this game.
I have had some trouble with IL2 in the past, it did kick me to boot up a few times when it was taxed alot. It seemed to do it when I shot down the thrid plane.
How do I check to see if I do have a bad stick on RAM?
I will get the newest 4 in 1 driver.
Steven190

Post by Steven190 »

Thanks for the replies.
I downloaded the newest 4in1 driver and ran the Memtest. I t showed no errors.
So how do you check the USB?
Charvel

Post by Charvel »

quote:Originally posted by StevenE:
Thanks for the replies.
I downloaded the newest 4in1 driver and ran the Memtest. I t showed no errors.
So how do you check the USB?Well the USB drivers should be a part of the VIA 4in1's (you are certain you are running a VIA chipset mobo aren't you?) but it seems even more likely to be the case since you mention some problems with joysticks as well.

I wish I could be more specific to help you but it would take someone with a bit more knowledge than myself. I would start asking in various forums dealing with your motherboard first and with any luck somebody has had, or knows about your particular issue.

If I can find anything else in my travels I'll post it here in this thread.

Best of luck
Revvin

Post by Revvin »

When you say lock up do you mean requiring a reboot or do you mean it just pauses completely until you switch off or block the TIR from scanning? I had a similar problem in IL-2 and had the odd frame rate problem with Aces High. I had my TIR plugged into a Belkin powered hub alongside a TM Cougar and USB mouse but as soon as I plugged it directly into one of the USB ports in the back of my PC it worked perfectly in all sims.
Steven190

Post by Steven190 »

I am using a AMD 1800+ Socket A 266 MHz processor on a Biostar #M7V!F mobo, Kt333 DDR333 RAM.
I have the Track Ir, keyboard, plugged into the computer USB port.
There is a USB Hub that I plug my joystick in.
I use a Belkin switch for the Monitor, which I use for the other computer, I have the two connected with a Ethernet card. Do you think that this switch is also giving me problems?
IL2 will lock up, freeze and will not do anything. I have not waited more than a few minutes, until I pushed the buttom to reboot. It also has kick me to reboot several times.
I ran a memtest for three hours of playing IL2 and CFS3 with no errors.
This is a game computer only, so it does not use much ram.
I will plug the joystick directly and try it.
So far I have been able to play with the IR. I am using the new V 2.0. There is a IL2 in the menu, selecting it it says no auto load. is that normal? Or is is it done by selecting it.
I am not very computer knowledgeble, just enough to make me dangerous.
Thanks for any help.
Steven190

Post by Steven190 »

Thanks for the help.
I got the game to run fine. After playing with its settings. It loads auto and did some tuning. Now the next project is getting use to it. My biggest problem is staying in contact with the target and flying the plane. I lose track if the plane and have a hard time keeping the plane from driving into the ground.