Smart Nav Windows 7 Service Pack 1 compatibility

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
nathanfrost0x

Smart Nav Windows 7 Service Pack 1 compatibility

Post by nathanfrost0x »

For years I've always used the same HotKey assignments(1).

However, it appears that with the latest Windows 7 (say, over the past few months), if I leave the Smart Nav software running for a few hours or so, then all of my HotKeys stop responding.

Once Smart Nav is in this state, bringing the Smart Nav dialog to the foreground and pressing any HotKey only creates a Windows beep/ding sound -- except for 'Search' which begins triggering its Windows-search-through-directory function despite the fact that the Search key is Disabled in Mouse and Keyboard Center.

Relaunching the Smart Nav software fixes the problem...for perhaps a few hours.

Also, launching many programs seems to dramatically accelerate the reproduction of the bug -- when I'm launching .exe's tens of times per hour (while developing software), it's often only minutes before the bug is reproduced.

How can I keep Smart Nav's Hotkeys working indefinitely like they used to on Windows XP?

I'm using NaturalPoint USB Drivers x64 2.50.0000 and SmartNAV 3.20.037 with a fully Windows Updated Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

(1)
Left Click = Number pad '/'
Right Click = Number pad '*'
Pause = Number pad '5'
Center = 'ScrlLk'
Precision = "Search" button
MikeWitham

Re: Smart Nav Windows 7 Service Pack 1 compatibility

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello nathanfrost0x,

I am going to test a few things and let you know what I find. I am going to set my hotkeys the same as yours and allow it to run for a few hours. Hopefully I can replicate your issue and provide a solution.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
nathanfrost0x

Post by nathanfrost0x »

That sounds awesome -- thanks, Mike!
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello nathanfrost0x,

It could not replicate the issue. I had mine on from the last message until now. I am going to ask that you start a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com. I wouldn't mind exploring a few options for testing and possible solutions.

Best regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
nathanfrost0x

Post by nathanfrost0x »

Sure, sounds good Mike! Opening a ticket now.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

nathanfrost0x,

Thank you for creating the ticket. I am picking a few brains and should have something for you this afternoon.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
lawrencewalters

Post by lawrencewalters »

Hi there, I basically have this exact issue - longtime smartnav user, but on my most recent laptop, the hotkeys stop working sometimes every few minutes. Was there ever a resolution to this issue? If so, what was it?

Thanks
Lawrence
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello lawrencewalters,

I see that you have created a help desk ticket with us. I'd like to troubleshoot through there and then post our solution once we find it on here.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager