Convert Quaternion to Angles between 0-360

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
raedle

Convert Quaternion to Angles between 0-360

Post by raedle »

Hello everyone,

I know some portions of my question have been discussed already. However, I was not able to solve my problem completely.

At the moment I am trying to convert Quaternions, received through the NatNet SDK, to angles between 0 and 360 degrees (or 180 and -180 degrees alternatively) around the 3 axis X,Y,Z. If I use the current QuaternionToEuler function the angles of two axis only range from 180 to -180 and the third goes from 0 to 90 to 0 to -90 to 0.

Is there any possibility to get distinct values for the third axis too?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
-- Raedle
raedle

Re: Convert Quaternion to Angles between 0-360

Post by raedle »

No reply? Really? Not even a "sorry we can't help here?"
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi Raedle,

I sincerely apologize for the delay in response. We try to answer all requests within 24 hours on Monday through Friday. It seems your original question was missed. I will have an engineer respond to your question as soon as possible. In the meantime, please review our Knowledge-base article on how to transform world-space coordinates to local rigid body coordinates:

http://help.naturalpoint.com/kb/article ... oordinates

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

Hi Raedle,

I apologize that your question went unanswered.

In regards to your question specifically regarding the conversion of quaternion to Euler angles, I'm a bit unclear with the question and what you're trying to do. It sounds like this is more of a general question regarding the topic conversion of quaternions to Euler angles and something that's not specific to our system. If this is still a question that you need an answer to I would like to discuss in more detail about what you're trying to accomplish and why our output is not working for you.

Thx