Marker Placement Toruble

Ghost_Train

Marker Placement Toruble

Post by Ghost_Train »

Hi,

After using Optitrack Arena for 2 years I am still having trouble figuring out how to get the arms to rotate accurately. We've just gotten used to dealing with the rotation problems manually but I keep looking into it hoping for a solution. No matter how I arrange the upper arm, elbow and hand markers the arms are always twisted in. It looks correct when in T-Pose position but when I let my arms down they always twist inward about 30-40 degrees too far.

The marker placement instructions during setup give even worse results. Rather than continuing to deal with it and do extra work fixing the rotations I am hoping to nail this issue once and for all.

Please help!

If I was animating a stick figure with no markings (or the default character template in Arena) it would look perfectly fine. But once you put the bvh files onto a character with textures its easy to see how off the rotations are.
Ghost_Train

Re: Marker Placement Toruble

Post by Ghost_Train »

It would be helpful to see photos of a marker setup that gives more accurate results.
Earlier on I tried mimicking the marker placement shown in Arena's skeleton setup as well as the alternate placement shown in the help files. Neither of them seemed to give me good results.

Is this normal or expected?
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi Ghost,

Can I have you create a ticket with us at:

help.naturalpoint.com

I would like to setup a remote desktop session with you and go over your setup.

Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
Ghost_Train

Post by Ghost_Train »

That would be great.
What about the marker placement part? (dots on the suit)