(suggestion) wireless / battery powered Trackclip Pro?

Krinje

(suggestion) wireless / battery powered Trackclip Pro?

Post by Krinje »

I noticed that after I got my new wireless headset It was a bit inconvenient to still have a wire (I detach the clip when I'm not playing TrackIR games)

The clip only takes in the 5 volt USB power right? It wouldn't be too hard to create one with a rechargeable battery pack and a usb recharging cord. (like the headset its going on)

In proof of concept I think I may buy a second clip and add some kind of Altoids-tin battery pack to it.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: (suggestion) wireless / battery powered Trackclip Pro?

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

That's all it takes! The TrackClip Pro does not use the data pair, so it's just getting power. Many people have either just gotten straight battery powered USB chargers or other means like a wall powered usb charger.
OlivierMDVY

Post by OlivierMDVY »

Ok but it should be very nice to have a track clip pro with an embedded battery, something light...

Using it with a wireless headset will make my day :)
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

A battery option is one that has been suggested, however there is nothing on the table at this time development-wise for this.
vFiReStOrMv

Post by vFiReStOrMv »

I would be a buyer of this as well if you ever decide to put one out.
Jaycem

Post by Jaycem »

You have such a unique, powerful product it seems a waste not to develop a battery powered rechargable wireless model - it would make my day!
ronwelch

Post by ronwelch »

Please make the TrackIR Pro Clip a rechargeable device via USB with a two standard NiMH AAA batteries. It's the only thing that keeps me tethered to my chair. I use my wireless headset, 3D glasses, wireless X-Box controller, wireless keyboard/mouse, and I'm free - until I start a sim with TrackIR. Battery life needs to be about six hours and that can be pulled off with AAAs instead of AAs.
Game Pro

Post by Game Pro »

[quote=Oinker]Please make the TrackIR Pro Clip a rechargeable device via USB with a two standard NiMH AAA batteries. It's the only thing that keeps me tethered to my chair. I use my wireless headset, 3D glasses, wireless X-Box controller, wireless keyboard/mouse, and I'm free - until I start a sim with TrackIR. Battery life needs to be about six hours and that can be pulled off with AAAs instead of AAs. [/quote]

Yes this would make my day. it should be designed with a lenthgy cord that you can plug in while charging so you can continue to play while the device is charging much like the logitech g700 gaming mouse which only requies a single AA battery.
democedes

Post by democedes »

I got fed up with the Pro Clip cord getting twisted around my coiled headphone cord. So I used a $1.00 LED flashlight from Dollar Tree to power my Pro Clip. I removed the LEDs from the flashlight but left the on/off switch to turn off the Pro Clip when not in use. I strapped the flashlight to my headphones using Velcro strips. I don't really notice the additional weight on my headphones. It uses 3 AAA batteries. I only use it for a few hours at a time, but I would estimate I have used it for 18 total hours so far on the same batteries. It functions the same as it did when plugged into USB.
mhlarsen

Post by mhlarsen »

NaturalPoint - Mike wrote:A battery option is one that has been suggested, however there is nothing on the table at this time development-wise for this.
Has anything changed over the last two years in the Natural Point development road map regarding a wireless Pro Clip?

Seems odd to me that this is not on the table yet given that this seem to be the future and present state of development of other hardware devices for PC.

Michael