Mechwarrior online!

Seth Steiling

Re: Mechwarrior online!

Post by Seth Steiling »

Nuclear Weapon wrote:Looks like this is going to be implemented on the next patch, although its istill a "mistery"...

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/159553 ... vs-vlog-4/

Support for TrackIR is finally comming... I have been waiting for this long enough already.
/cheer
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
evilc

Post by evilc »

Unfortunately MWO still does not properly support TrackIR.

Do Naturalpoint not give advice on implementation, or is it just that all game devs ignore you?

Same old mistakes made in MWO - some of the HUD elements are not at 0 depth, so rotations of the head can cause translation of the crosshair.

And of course translation of the head causes translation of the crosshair.

So... unplayable with translations on, and if you use the "advanced zoom" module, then pretty much unusable with only 2DoF too.

I guess they may need some help fixing this - I had to make videos to explain to the devs what the problem was, and that was almost a month ago. No word on if or when we will see a fix.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello evilc,

Would you be able to send me the links to the video. I would love to take a look at them and see what problem you are seeing. You can send it to me by starting a ticket at help.naturalpoint.com. I would appreciate it greatly.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
evilc

Post by evilc »

Crosshair deviation when view is translated:
This one happens even without "Advanced Zoom" engaged, but it easier to see it with Adv Zoom, so that is how I showed it in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCxYmYjOdGo
Yeah I know technically this is "correct" if you had a physical gunsight, but with a virtual gunsight it makes no sense.

Crosshair deviation when view is rotated:
This one only shows up with the Adv Zoom module is used, and as I explained to Karl Berg, appears to be due to the fact the the zoom PiP window is probably not at 0 (or infinite) Z depth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXUkwZfSP1w
evilc

Post by evilc »

Bump. Another patch but still no proper TrackIR support or any word on when it is being addressed.

Any news from your end Mike?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Evilc,

I wish I had something to tell you, but at this time I still have the issue on my end. I keep trying different solutions every time that I get time to troubleshoot it. Nothing has worked yet.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
evilc

Post by evilc »

Issue your end?

Trying different solutions?

I am confused, you have access to the MWO source?

The problem is unsolvable by tweaking TrackIR.

It is a parallax issue to do with how they have set up a virtual gun sight.
prateekstp

Post by prateekstp »

It isn't like mech fans are going to NOT play this because it doesn't support TrackIR www.guideadda.com
DunnFelicia

Post by DunnFelicia »

It's more of a circumstance where we can't ensure support, in any event, when a game lets us know they'll carry out TrackIR. In this way, we need to sit tight until discharge for conclusive affirmation, very much like every other person.