Arma3 : interference with movement?

mgabb

Arma3 : interference with movement?

Post by mgabb »

[TrackIR5]
Hi,
I couldn't complete a campaign mission because the character very soon started to move very slowly, and I was thinking that it was due to the game fatigue system

yet, doubts came after seeing that I couldn't complete the mission because I always did not make in time to reach a checkpoint, although navigating (slooowly) through the shortest path, without wasting time in doing anything (I verified it with Youtube walkthroughs)

so I restarted the game without trackIR and the character moved normally (it ran and walked at fast pace), and I completed the mission on first try

the issue is not always present, that's why I'm thinking about some stances or keypresses interferences

so, please, I'm asking whether you are aware about what I am describing and it can be fixed or if I'm missing anything in setting up TiR5

thanks
MikeWitham

Re: Arma3 : interference with movement?

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello mgabb,

I have not heard of this issue before. Which campaign mission does this happen on? I would like to see if I have the same problem. That way I can find the best solution for it.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
mgabb

Post by mgabb »

Hi Mike,
the frustrating mission has been "Within Reach" (second phase)

the slowing down is not a true first experience for me, yet in this one I couldn't make it to the end...I also tried to unload everything (taking also in account the weight to carry), with no result, even restarting the mission did not produce results

of course, TiR5 is working perfectly in FSX / P3D2 / XPlane / DCS
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Mgabb,

Would you be able to give me a list of your computer specs? I don't have the slow down on my main gaming PC, but I do have it on my secondary gaming PC. I think it may be hardware related, but I would need to test further. A list of your specs, and anything else that may be interfering with it would be a great help.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
mgabb

Post by mgabb »

win7-64
i7-950
Gainward GTX 780ti, 335.23
24Gb
soundblaster Fatal1ty 5.1
Warthog + Saitek pedals
TrackIr5 (uptodate)
Nvidia 3d Vision (always deactivated for Arma series)
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

mgabb,

Thanks for the spec list. I'll look into this some more and see what I can come up with. Has anyone said anything on the ArmA forums about this?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
mgabb

Post by mgabb »

Hello Mike,
I did not find anything searching, so I posted the question in their troubleshooting section
mgabb

Post by mgabb »

from the Arma3 forums:

"Your TrackIr might be of center which causes your character to lean which in turn results your character being not able to run, trying centering track ir .This is the only reason I can think of atm..."

I thought it could be this, but even keeping recentering TiR5, the character still kept his slowed pace