FSX profile problem

Johnbla

FSX profile problem

Post by Johnbla »

Hi guys
I have a problem with my FSX profile. When I use it with my TrackClipPro it is smooth as silk and I love it. However, if I get out my baseball cap and use the same profile with the TrackClip, it is virtually unusable. The head movements are way too fast, it is very jerky and the view jumps all around the place. I have attached the profile and if anyone could be kind enough to test it for me and maybe let me know what the problem is, I would be much appreciated.

Regards
John
Attachments
FSX.xml
(5.46 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
MikeWitham

Re: FSX profile problem

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello Johnbla,

I have tried your profile here with both the TrackClip PRO and the standard TrackClip. The profile was aggressive while using both, but I didn't see any difference in the way it reacted between the two. The only time there was a big difference was when I forgot to switch the software from TrackClip PRO to TrackClip. I will give it a shot when I get home to see if I can replicate the issue from my PC there.

The problem may not be the profile, but light interference, did you check the camera view to make sure there wasn't any red showing? When using the TrackClip PRO the light filter threshold is set at 240 and the internal IR LED are set to 0. When you change the the TrackClip the light filter threshold drops to 108 (by default) and IR illumination changes to 10.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Johnbla

Post by Johnbla »

Thanks Mike. Are you meant to use TrackIR in the night? Using the Pro is OK during the day for me. When I tested it last night I had a small reading light on. Even when I turned this off, the TrackClip standard was still way too responsive. I'll check the camera view tonight.

Sorry for my ignorance but I have just bought this product. I am looking forward to your further tests.

John
Johnbla

Post by Johnbla »

Mike
I have just checked the camera view and I have some red showing. I have attached a screenie to show you. Does that mean I have too much light in the room?

John
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (159.88 KiB) Viewed 2972 times
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Johnbla,

You should only see three green dots. There are a couple of troubleshooting steps I'd like to try would you please submit a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager