TrackIR keys no longer working in-game

LilOne

TrackIR keys no longer working in-game

Post by LilOne »

In TrackIR software the keys I assign work fine, but whenever I run any of the games I use it for, those keys seem to not work at all, as in nothing at all happens.

One game is Elite: Dangerous, and I know other users with TrackIR have not got this problem in that game.

I have tried multiple key assignments, made certain there is no conflicts in the game(s) and still nothing. If I Alt-Tab out I can re-centre (need to do this somewhat often due to having to shift position I am in from time to time because of things I suffer from), but that sometimes crashes games and is of course nothing you can do in all in-game situations as quickly as pushing F12.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both drivers as well as the software itself (I am using TrackIR 5 and v5.2.2 software) to no effect, despite reboots as well.

Both TrackIR software and the games are being run as admin (not merely logging in as such) and always have since I got TrackIR.

Can anyone provide any kind of help, please? I am at my wits end here. :(
Sonik

Re: TrackIR keys no longer working in-game

Post by Sonik »

This is problem for me too. Euro Truck Simulator 2 steam-version, for example.
Unknown03

Post by Unknown03 »

I'm having the same problem. It's really strange as to why this is happening all of a sudden. I tried making a thread yesterday but it hasn't been approved yet, and this is good enough :D
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello All,

I have not experienced this problem consistently and would like to troubleshoot it for you. Would you please let me know what operating system you are using, and about how often this problem is happening? I will do what I can to replicate this issue and find a solution.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
LilOne

Post by LilOne »

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and since I noticed it a week ago it has been consistent, as in, I cannot get it to work at all, alas.

Last I used TrackIR before that was perhaps two weeks ago, at most three, and it worked then in Elite: Dangerous -- it has been a bit longer since I used it in the Truck sims, but it worked before, but not at all now, as with E:D.

To my knowledge I have not changed anything in the system, which is why I find it utterly baffling. I have tried all I could think of to no avail.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

LilOne,

Would you please submit a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com? I have a few questions I'd like to ask and a few solutions I'd like for you to try.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
LilOne

Post by LilOne »

Will do. Thank you for trying to help, hope we can find a solution.
alexcroox

Post by alexcroox »

I spent a long time last night debugging this issue. I'm having the same problem in Arma 3 all of a sudden.

The issue is Nvidia ShadowPlay! If I disable shadowplay, all my hot keys start working. I've tried remapping the default alt+f9 buttons etc but no joy!
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

alexcroox,

Thank you so much for troubleshooting this issue. I appreciate the feedback and workaround.

Everyone:

Would you please test this out and report back if it resolves the issue?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
LilOne

Post by LilOne »

That worked for me to, which is odd, since I have used TrackIR and ShadowPlay together before. Must be a recent update to GeForce Experience (I think that has updated twice since this started for me).

I even shut down GeForce Experience once in my attempts to locate the issue and that did nothing, but merely turning off ShadowPlay does. Bizarre indeed. I assume GE overrides TrackIR even what they share no common keys. What a bummer.

At least now I know and I suppose I will have to choose between them until Nvidia fixes it. Should get in touch with them then, I guess?

Edited to add I have sent feedback to Nvidia via GeForce Experience. Thank you Alex and Mike.