Push to TrackIR [function request)

ChuWie

Push to TrackIR [function request)

Post by ChuWie »

Hello,

as a long year TrackIR customer I got a request / suggestion;

Similar to the push to talk function of eg. Teamspeak or Mumble is it possible to have this function as an option for TrackIR?

For example hold space button to freely look around using TrackIR, releasing the button will stop tracking.

More specifically I want to freely look around in ArmA as an infantry unit. But when using the weapon scopes TrackIR should stop what it's doing so my vision through the weapon scopes stays at the middle and I'm not distracted by having my head purely still.

Having the current on/off toggle function often comes with a slight delay of between 1-4 seconds which is very bad, distracting and annoying.

So my preferred way is to have a nice push to TrackIR / push (and hold) to enable function so I can decide on whether I want to look around or not, without a delay.

Also if it would be possible to maybe figure out a way together with Bohemia Interactive to have an ingame option in ArmA 3 that disables tracking when using the weapon scopes.

Beside I'd like to add a reminder as for another request, I saw this topic came up some quite a while ago (can't remember anymore where I saw this);
The build in snap function (deathzone) should be limited to the center only, but when looking to eg. left 90° the horizontally snap line shouldn't become active when looking up and down.

These are my top 2 most wanted features as a long year customer of TrackIR that I really would like to see implemented.

Looking forward for feedback :)

Cheers
MikeWitham

Re: Push to TrackIR [function request)

Post by MikeWitham »

ChuWie,

I have added your requests to our list and will forward them accordingly. Thank you for taking the time to post your suggestions. I have to pause the TrackIR when I am looking through a scope on ArmA as well, otherwise I might as well be firing from the hip.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
ChuWie

Post by ChuWie »

Thank you for the fast response Mike, appreciated :)
Nice to see that my suggestions will be taken into consideration eventually. I really hope they become true.

Cheers
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

ChuWie,

I was concerned that you are showing a delay between the TrackIR and ArmA. I took it as a sign that I needed to play a little ArmA III at work (thank you) and see for myself. I had no delay when pausing, centering or even switching profiles via hot-key. I even decided to try it in Campaign, MultiPlayer, Scenario, ArmA II, DayZ MOD and DayZ Standalone, but had no delay in any of them.

Do you see the delay in the TrackIR software without the game loaded? What if you are in the TrackIR software, but the game is running in the background? Do you only see the delay in ArmA, or are there other games and simulations where the delay is present?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
ChuWie

Post by ChuWie »

Honestly ArmA 3 is pretty much the only game where I make/made usage of the pause/unpause function in a frequent interval when switching back and forth between weapon sights and standard look around.

The delay becomes especially pretty apparent when playing on heavy loaded servers/missions and the frames are struggling between 20-30 fps.

I did bound my pause key on secondary mouse button with toggle option enabled in TrackIR.

The delay is also existent at times when the game is not running, not every time though and not as long as within ArmA.

The delays starts to become apparent when there is a little pause from active TrackIR usage to promptly go into pause, and back into tracking again and vice versa.

IIRC, I also could observe the delay when the game was minimized and checking in the TrackIR software. (TrackIR is up to date, v5.2)

ArmA is/was pretty much the only game for my matter where such an extensive pause/unpause function in a more frequent interval could become handy.*

*If it wouldn't have the downside that I also use the right mouse button to move in the map menu as well (therefore ending up at times to have the opposite effect, no TrackIR for freelok, TrackIR when aiming down sights), hence it's totally sub-optimal and inconvenient to just obtain a typically simple purpose, to pause TrackIR for weapon scopes. :?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

ChuWie,

Have you gone into the Task Manager and changed the TrackIR's priority an affinity? It could be that the system is not allocating the proper amount of resources to the TrackIR and that is causing the delay. Would you mind testing that for me and seeing if it resolves the delay issue you are seeing?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager