TrackClip Pro Arm sensor arm broken

ronwelch

Re: TrackClip Pro Arm sensor arm broken

Post by ronwelch »

Omg! They actually were working on a fix.
Will there be a significant discount (free?) for those of us using duct tape for the last year while you fixed this problem?

It's not just the plastic though. The design at a minimum needs two more clips. But far better than that would be a compressible section with a lip on the top
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Ron,

If you can submit a ticket at help.naturalpoint.com and make sure to reference this post, we'll get some more information about your situation and see how we can best help.

- Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
simracer1

Post by simracer1 »

Seth Steiling wrote:Hi Kamikaze1111 and onyxius,

So sorry for the very delayed response, guys. I don't know how this slipped through the cracks, but it did.

In short, we have indeed made significant changes to both the materials and underlying structure of the TrackClip PRO—including reinforcements to the joint mentioned in this thread. As a result, the failure rate in the field has gone way down. Part of what seemed like a delay in how we responded to this issue was just us searching for what turned out to be a brutally inconspicuous problem with our original plastics, where they would only fail after being exposed to conditions that only appear during long-duration air shipping. We couldn't easily reproduce those conditions in-house, so it took a while to determine what was wrong, and how to fix it. The new plastics are far more durable when exposed to these extreme conditions, and we've reinforced the plastics underneath to make the unit extra resilient.
Hi there. I'm new to this forum and about to purchase a TrackIR 5 w/ Track Clip Pro in the next couple days. How can I know for sure that I am getting the new version/revision of the Track Clip Pro? How long has this new version been around for? I don't think many people know about this new version...
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Simracer1,

If you order from us directly, you will most definitely receive the latest iteration, both in structural design and materials. If you order from one of our resellers, it's still super likely (like, probably 95+%) that you would receive the latest, but that depends on their inventory.

Also note that you have both a 30 day return window and a one year full warranty to back you up after you make your purchase. :-)

- Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
faycheung

Post by faycheung »

Glad to see the problem being fixed, my TrackClip Pro arm snapped along with the black wire tonight, 2 months after the warranty expiration. Am I correct to assume that the TrackClip Pro ordered from the store will be the new improved ones?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

faycheung,

Yes, all of the ones bought from our webstore will be the improved version. When your TrackClip PRO broke, did you contact the support department at help.naturalpoint.com?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
faycheung

Post by faycheung »

No, I have not yet, I'll complete the form today.
MrLB

Post by MrLB »

Hi,
How can you tell a new model from the old? Is there a product code?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

MrLB,

There isn't a product code on the TrackClip PRO. I would need to see the purchase date in order to tell you if it is the newer version or not.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
MrLB

Post by MrLB »

I saw your notes regarding new models, I am about to make a purchase from www.flightstore.co.uk so it will be a Nov/Dec 2015 purchase. Not sure there is a slim chance ill get old stock so wanted to know if there was a way to determine new from old

thanks