-= THE CREW =-

Bran

-= THE CREW =-

Post by Bran »

RIP Eden Games/Atari's "TESTDRIVE UNLIMITED 2" :(

WELCOME Ivory Tower/Ubisoft' s "THE CREW" :)

From their website "... THE CREW is a revolutionary action-driving game developed exclusively for next-gen consoles and PC. It takes you and your friends on a reckless ride inside a massive, open-world recreation of the United States."

I am sure, you guys have seen the E3 presentation. It looks very promising and it will have a cockpit view.

If you like DRIVER San Francisco, you will like THE CREW.
It clearly has the Look'n'Feel/DNA of Driver SF.

It just needs TrackIR support in there...
BTW...why isn't there TrackIR support in Driver SF (cockpit view and "mouselook" are implemented)?

NaturalPoint "...BE PART OF THE CREW".

cheers
Bran
Bran

Re: -= THE CREW =-

Post by Bran »

Any news on that one? 2nd Beta starts next week...

But TrackIR support should be possible till November, right? :mrgreen:
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello Bran,

The decision whether to support TrackIR in a game is up to the developers of that game. The best way to get the developers interested is to get the fan base talking about it and them ask them to add support in a feature request.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Bran

Post by Bran »

no support in beta...
no support in final release...

...just like TDU2

Still hoping for a patch though... :roll:
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Bran,

I'll be sitting here, hoping as well!

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
sicmaggot

Post by sicmaggot »

hi, not sure if i should be posting this here but i have found a way to use track ir on the crew, download facetracknoir and set game protocol to mouse look click settings change map mouse X to Yaw sensitivity to 5, map mouse Y to Pitch sensitivity to 1, its not perfect but its playable
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi sicmaggot. Thanks for the tip! Have you tried using the Mouse Emulation utility that's included with the TrackIR software installation? (It's the TIRMouse.exe application.) In theory, it should provide access to the same type of mouse emulation as the tool you mentioned, but without needing to download that extra software.

If you try this without success, please do let us know and we'll investigate to see if we can get it sorted on our end.

----------------------

EDIT: Yep, just tested it, and this works. It's not a fantastic experience, as mouse emulation just isn't as crisp as TrackIR is meant to be, and the limited DOF isn't as immersive. But, while we wait for official support, this is a viable workaround.

----------------------

Regarding "official" TrackIR support—to be candid, we were expecting it to be included in the final launch build of The Crew. All indications from both Ubisoft Reflections and Ivory Tower suggested that TrackIR support was on their launch roadmap. Given this, we've reached out to their dev teams to determine the status of that implementation. Fingers crossed, we'll get some love in a post-launch patch.

- Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

I just heard back from the dev team, and it sounds like TrackIR support is still very much on the roadmap. They didn't indicate why they had to postpone implementation, but they did assure me that it was coming. :-)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Bran

Post by Bran »

FANTASTIC news, Seth!
Season pass & car pack were released,
hopefully there is TrackIR implementation on their roadmap next :mrgreen:

update: No info concerning TrackIR implementation in the upcoming patch (see patch notes 02-12-15)
Bran

Post by Bran »

Nope, no TrackIR implementation in latest patch :?
Hopefully with the next patch, as well as mirror activation :mrgreen: