Pro Clip LEDs remain ON

JayPee

Pro Clip LEDs remain ON

Post by JayPee »

All,

I just recieved my TIR+Pro Clip bundle. When I close (completely close, not minimize to tray) the TIR 5.2 software the LEDs of the camera turn off. However, the LEDs of the Pro Clip keep being red-ish. I assume this is a visual indicator that they are still on. How can I set up the Pro Clip to also completely switch itself off? I don't feel like unplugging the USB connector a few times a day.

Thank you
MikeWitham

Re: Pro Clip LEDs remain ON

Post by MikeWitham »

JayPee,

Though unplugging it is the ultimate solution, I understand that you don't want to do that multiple times a day. The TrackClip PRO's operation has nothing to do with the software being on or off. Once power is available, the LEDs will illuminate. Aside from having a powered hub that you would be able to easily power on and off, I cannot think of a better solution.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
gpbarth

Post by gpbarth »

This will work very nicely (I am using one right now):
http://www.amazon.com/Rayovac-Charger-B ... B00D2ZQ6ZI

It uses 4 AA cells and has a USB charging port, so you can plug your headset in as usual without using the adapter for the TrackClip Pro. Then when you want to use the Pro, simply plug it into the charger and you'll have power. When done just unplug the Pro till next flight.

I bought mine for $9.99 at Lowe's where I work - I used the Amazon ad just for reference.
sanfordpaul

Post by sanfordpaul »

If I just leave the lights on and don't unplug the trackclip pro will it damage the unit over time. Should I be unplugging?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Sanford,

The LEDS do have a lifespan, but I don't know anyone who has reached it during normal use. I would suggest unplugging it if you are not going to use it for extended periods of time. I unplug mine every night, but that has more to do with keeping my desk in order at home.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager