TrackIR 4 crashes after viewing "tracking"

sittingduck

TrackIR 4 crashes after viewing "tracking"

Post by sittingduck »

ver 4.2 build 39

I have Trackir.exe starting with W7.

Before I play a game, I like to go to View>Tracking to make sure my camera and hat clip are lined up correctly. The first time I do this, when I close the tracking window, TrackIR crashes.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TrackIR.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5076f237
Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

After I restart TrackIR, I can go back to View>Tracking a second time, and when I close the tracking window, it will not crash, but ALWAYS does the first time.

Any suggestions?
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR 4 crashes after viewing "tracking"

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello sittingduck,

Does this happen with any other version of the software? Is there a specific reason you are using 4.2 instead of 5.2? I'll see what I can find on the software crashing on the first instance and only the first instance.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
sittingduck

Post by sittingduck »

I could always install a previous version, and see if the problem persists.

As for TrackIR5, and not sure really why, but I have not been able to modify a profile that I was comfortable with. I primarily fly flight sim, and use a projector with a rear projection screen. So I am around 24" away from a 4ft by 6ft image. I have to turn my head a hell of a lot more than someone in front of a 42" monitor, so need an accelerated curve. I just have not been able to do that in trackIR5.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

sittingduck,

Please test using v5.2.2 of the software to see if the problems persist. I would like to know if any of them exist in a newer version of the software.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager