Does TrackIR only work with listed games?

GlobalCop

Does TrackIR only work with listed games?

Post by GlobalCop »

Sorry if this has been gone over, newb here (24 hrs with it, loving it). Just wondering if I should even bother to try it with other games not specifically listed, e.g. Homeworld Remastered, or if I just keep my expectations in check and only hope for what's on the official list.

Thanks

Ed
MikeWitham

Re: Does TrackIR only work with listed games?

Post by MikeWitham »

GlobalCop,

The TrackIR is only guaranteed to work with the games on our enhanced games list. The reason is that the Developers of the games need to implement support for the TrackIR into their game. If you do find any games that do have support and aren't on our list, please let me know.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Lapin

Post by Lapin »

*cough*

Garry's mod ?
Without official support from the dev but it works
It has some basic support because it's some kind of GLua api (C++ API -> GLua API -> Lua code -> Gmod)
You can use it in singleplayer (or if you host a server) and in multiplayer if the server has the script.
A dev is working on adding TrackIR support in his plane/tank/boat addon (neurotec).

You can play the HL2 (EP0;EP1;EP2) in coop (or SP) with TrackIR (on gmod).
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XlZoIyXsnU )

I'm also thinking about making it work with Rust, but modding is not allowed (well you can be VAC'ed).

The problem is the API is "Closed source" which mean every-time i'll release something peoples will complain "uhhh where is the source code i'm not going to run this on my computer".
I sent a email to Seth in January, he told me the code source should not be released and i had to obfuscate the code, asked me the code to make an official statement on the forums.
But he did not contact me after i sent the code.

You can still search "unofficial trackir" in google.
Last edited by Lapin on Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Lapin,

I'm sorry that no one has not gotten back to you. It must have fallen through the cracks. If you would please re-send the email to me. I will make sure it gets taken care of and something official gets made for the forums.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Lapin

Post by Lapin »

Understood.