Need help with DayZ standalon

tred26

Re: Need help with DayZ standalon

Post by tred26 »

Thank you for your quick response. I look forward to seeing what you see when using the 4.2.039 software. I don't have the vector expansion, partly because I've never needed it before, since everything I use it for has worked fine without it, including DayZ, before recently.

Again, thanks for taking a look on your end.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

tred26,

I am seeing the same thing that you are. It works on v5 software but not v4.2.039. The odd thing is that ArmA 3 works on v4.2.039 and they use the same ID. I'm going to have to consult the Devs on this one. I'll post up here if I find a solution.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
tred26

Post by tred26 »

Thank you so much! I'm glad to hear that it's not just on my end. And thanks for not just telling me to upgrade and going the extra mile to reach out to the devs. You da real MVP! :)
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

tred26,

Have you tried contacting the DayZ Devs about this issue? I had my software Dev look at the issue and our stuff is working 100%. It seems that they have changed something that is causing the issue. What is confusing us is why does it work perfectly in v5.xx software. The only thing I can think of is they implemented new key bindings with the keyboard that are interfering with the games ability to see the software. I'm still seeing if I can find a way around it for you, but at this time I don't have any real solutions.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
tred26

Post by tred26 »

Mike, in response to your question, I did post a bug on the bug tracker site for DayZ in regards to this. I have a little further information. I tried again today as of the 0.55 stable release patch for DayZ. The trackIR still does not work, but there is a new BattleEye (DayZ's anti-cheat software) window that shows a message stating that the Naturalpoint software was blocked.

So, it seems like, for some reason, their anti-cheat software may be detecting the older trackIR software as some kind of problem and not letting it hook the game.

I hope this maybe helps.
tred26

Post by tred26 »

With the most recent update (0.55 stable) there is a new BattleEye window that shows a message indicating that it is blocking my TrackIR software from initializing.

I have made a bug report to the DayZ bug tracker, but the response I get is that trackIR is working fine, so I'm sure they're only looking at the newer versions.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

tred26,

I'll check it out today and see if I see the same issue.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
tred26

Post by tred26 »

Just checking in to see if you noticed the same thing as me with the BattleEye blocking TrackIR from launching. I notice that I get the same message even if I am not using the TrackIR software, so it seems that the BattleEye program just scans and sees the program and blocks it no matter what. I am really hoping that this is merely an oversight on their part.

Thanks again for all your help.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

tred26,

I am not seeing the issue. I have tested it a few times since then and on a few different PCs. It works as it should for me. I'm not sure what may be different about your set up that is causing the interference.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
tred26

Post by tred26 »

Ok, thanks. I've also sent an email to BattlEye support. It's the NPClient.dll that is being blocked on my pc. I'll let you know what they say about it.

Thanks again!