Please explain enhanced mode?

PF_Mark

Please explain enhanced mode?

Post by PF_Mark »

I have thought about getting Track IR for some time. Now that I am checking into it again and I see you have this Enhanced mode. Is this just being able to use the mouse for other things? Or has something changed as well?

I only play IL2 FB is there any bugs or problems I should be aware before I buy?

Thanks in advances
Charlie251

Re: Please explain enhanced mode?

Post by Charlie251 »

Enahnced mode means a few things.

First off, yes, you can now use your mouse for other things while controlling your view in FB. This is mainly good for when you have your in flight map pulled up. Now, you can still move your view using TrackIR while using your mouse to scroll around the map.

Secondly, it is absolute position. Meaning, instead of having to center the view all the time like we used to with Mouse Mode, where ever the dot is, thats where your view is. It is very precise and makes your head movements nice and smooth and ACCURATE!

It is a good buy.
BPO6_GoldenWing

Post by BPO6_GoldenWing »

Also, I might add that Oleg and company are one of the first to take advantage of TrackIR in adding a .dll file for IL2FB.

They have added a .dll file that makes the "enhanced" view possible. This makes the programming of a "dead zone" for aiming exceptionally effective.

Now, in IL2FB, you can "look around" in cockpit view (just like in a real aircraft) and maintain fantastic combat situational awareness while scanning your instruments and still maintain contact with your target as you close in for the kill with a steady gun sight in the "dead zone".

Everyone who uses "enhanced view" eventually says that they will no longer buy flight sims which do not have this capability. I agree!

Gold
tenmmike

Post by tenmmike »

get it .... the set up though for me was and still is hard, but iv only had it a short time
BPO6_GoldenWing

Post by BPO6_GoldenWing »