TrackIR stops responding in Prepar3D v2.5

WebMaximus

TrackIR stops responding in Prepar3D v2.5

Post by WebMaximus »

Been using TIR5 without any issues for a very long time now but after replacing Microsoft Flight Simulator X with Prepar3D v2.5 I've seen an issue a couple of times now when TIR for some reason stops responding to my head movements. The green leds on the TIR device stay on when this happens. If I hover the mouse cursor over the TIR icon in the System Tray the TIR icon disappears.

I've checked the Windows Event Log trying to find a clue why this happens but haven't been able to find anything.

Last time this happened on short final...not exactly the most perfect timing to all of a sudden loose your ability to move your head/view so I would really like to find a solution to this.

Any idea what might cause this or if it's even likely to be related to Prepar3D or if it's just a coincidence this issue has surfaced pretty much at the same time I replaced FSX with Prepar3D?

Many thanks in advance!
Richard
jabjoker

Re: TrackIR stops responding in Prepar3D v2.5

Post by jabjoker »

Hi there
My problem is that it does not respond at all when using Prepar3Dv2.5, works fine when I fly using X-Plane 10.
I have TrackIR4 with version 5.2.2 installed, the program works fine but there seems to be no "connection" with Prepar3D
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

WebMaximus,

I'm not sure what would be stopping the software mid-game. Have you tried removing and re-installing TrackIR? What title shows up when you load Prepar3d v2.5?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
WebMaximus

Post by WebMaximus »

Hi Mike,

Haven't tried re-installing but fact is I've now completed a couple of more flights without any issues so I'll keep my fingers crossed it was just some temporary problems.

Will report back in here if I see the problem again.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

WebMaximus,

Got my fingers crossed for you too!

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
WebMaximus

Post by WebMaximus »

Thanks Mike!
wannabe

Post by wannabe »

Same happens for me. Trackir will stop responding mid flight in P3d. It will restart and reconnect fine, but a few mins later it will stop responding. This seems to happen more frequently during a MP session. No crash logs, just head tracking stops. this is a fresh install of P3d and Trackir 5.2.

Any ideas?
WebMaximus

Post by WebMaximus »

In my case I haven't seen the problem anymore after switching the USB port my TIR is connected to so you might wanna try that.
Richard
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

wannabe,

Does switching the USB port you are using to a different hub help like it did for WebMaximus?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
wannabe

Post by wannabe »

Actually, I received a windows update for my Etron USB hub device and have flown the last several flights, each longer than 1.5 hours, without a problem. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Wannabe