SmartNav + Windows 7 running on Boot Camp

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Franck Dernoncourt

SmartNav + Windows 7 running on Boot Camp

Post by Franck Dernoncourt »

is it possible to use SmartNav in a Windows 7 that runs on a MacBook Pro with Boot Camp?
MikeWitham

Re: SmartNav + Windows 7 running on Boot Camp

Post by MikeWitham »

Franck Dernoncourt,

I've never heard of it working well when using Boot Camp. If you want it to run on a Mac, the best solution is to contact www.rjcooper.com for their software package.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Franck Dernoncourt

Thanks, long story short, I need to use Windows 7 on a Mac this summer, and was hoping that SmartNav would work on Boot Camp :(

Out of curiosity, why does SmartNav have issue with Boot Camp?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Franck,

Applications which attempt to grab all user input and redirect it to a source other than the current desktop (VMWare, Remote Desktop, etc) may interfere with the SmartNAV. There may be a way to make it work, but you would likely need to get the troubleshooting steps from the makers of VMware.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Franck Dernoncourt

Mike, just to be in the same page: I was asking whether it is possible to use SmartNav with Windows 7 running on Boot Camp. No other OS involved, unlike virtual machines or remote control.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Franck,

I have had users claim success when using Boot Camp, but I have not personally had success with it.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager