trackclip pro problem HELP ME!!

brettapuss

trackclip pro problem HELP ME!!

Post by brettapuss »

hello ive owned trackir 5+trackclip pro for about a year and a half now, ive been using them on a pair of turtle beach x12 the trackclip pro fitted perfectly on the x12's. recently my headset broke so i bought a pair of sirus 5.1's so i start setting up the trackir then when i went to put the trackclip on i realised that all the sponge material had been reshaped and now it wont fit on my new headset, well it does but moved all over the place.

now the idea ive had is maybe leave it off the head for a few days and it will reshape it's self.
let me know if this will work.

or can you guys please please pleeeeeease recommend a solution for this i dont want to have to buy a new trackclip every time i buy a new headset :(
MikeWitham

Re: trackclip pro problem HELP ME!!

Post by MikeWitham »

brettapuss,

I haven't heard of this issue before, that isn't saying that it doesn't happen. It just likely isn't brought to my attention. I would assume you are correct and say that leaving it off the headset for a little while for it to re-form is a good start.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
brettapuss

Post by brettapuss »

NO it hasen't reformed and my headsets headband is signifcantly thinner and i really!!, really!! dont want to have to spend £50 ontop of my £105 headset. i really dont know what to do
Sporg

Post by Sporg »

I can confirm what brettapuss reports.

I bought a TrackIR 5 with TrackClip Pro in February last year, and the foam on my clip has also retained the shape of the headset, and it does not sit as firmly as before.

I would say, that this is a rather dissatisfying issue, since the only thing that keep my clip useful is that my headset frame is rather thick, so that the clip can still fit.
If I get a thinner headset in the future, I am quite sure the clip will not fit any longer.

I think this is an issue you should look into.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Sporg - brettapus,

This is something that I am looking into. I'm not sure what can be done at this moment, but I will be trying to find a proper solution. I do apologize as this is the first time this has been brought to my attention and I do not have an answer readily available.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager