How to limit the down pitch in TrackIR4.

zip104

How to limit the down pitch in TrackIR4.

Post by zip104 »

I have built a cockpit flight simulator and I like the TrackIR 4 system but I no longer need to look down into the cockpit since it is all now there. I do need to see the forward top instrument panel for the flight instrumentation but not the lower side consoles or the forward lower panel. Is there a way to limit the pitch so that I can look up and to the sides but can't look down past the horizontal? Currently I just use the hot key to pause the head position then toggle it off if I want to look to the sides or upwards. This works but I would rather not have to use the pause key to look around. Any help is greatly appreciated.

zip104
MikeWitham

Re: How to limit the down pitch in TrackIR4.

Post by MikeWitham »

zip104,

I think that the best way to do this would be to edit the pitch setting in advanced settings. If you deselect the mirror option, you would be able to adjust only the portion that allows you to look down. If you then lower them to zero, it should deaden the movements in that direction. I can throw together a profile to test this if you'd like.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
zip104

Post by zip104 »

Mike: Yes.... thank you... I would appreciate that very much. I was a little perplexed at how to disable the down pitch and had forgotten about the mirror selection. If you know how to do that and would pass it along I would be grateful. Thanks !

zip104
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

zip104,

This is just the default profile with the pitch turned off when you are looking down. It will still work when looking up, and none of the other axes are changed. Test it out and let me know if this is along the lines of what you were thinking.
No down pitch.xml
(5.51 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
zip104

Post by zip104 »

Mike: My computer would not download the xml file you sent. Perhaps you can direct me to the proper default file in the TrackIR system?

zip104
zip104

Post by zip104 »

Mike: I have the TrackIR working properly for my set up now. Thanks for pointing out the mirror check box......I had forgotten about that. I unchecked the box for the "Pitch" and set the head down
so that it is nil. I now can look all around except for the head pitch down as I had wished. It works perfectly with my set up as I have all the lower instruments working as well as the side console switches etc. in my flight simulator. This makes for a much more realistic experience flying the aircraft.

Cheers !

zip104
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

zip104,

I'm glad that you got it working. I guess I don't need to walk you through it anymore :)

Let me know if any other issues come up.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager