Holy smokes, TiR2!

yarbles

Holy smokes, TiR2!

Post by yarbles »

I surfed out to see what's up and bam, Tir2 that's 60% faster than the old one! Wow. You know what sucks, I just got the original TiR last summer. How painful is that. Anyway, maybe the marketing guys a TiR will give folks a trade-up offer we can't refuse. Overall, TiR is awesome and I've been very happy with it but TiR2 sounds even better. I need to get out of my cave more often.

yarbles
mire

Re: Holy smokes, TiR2!

Post by mire »

Just buy it.
12F_Soron

Post by 12F_Soron »

I don't understand how TIR 2 can be more fast ? what FAST mean here, since my head is not a rocket, my actual TIR can verry well follow my head... I've no lose of FPS at all and it consume nothing in %CPU ....

So what for ?
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

The TrackIR2 is 66% faster in refresh rate, meaning that it does 100 FPS vs. 60 FPS. This results in two things; lower latency, so the reaction time is 66% faster and 66% more sample points, meaning motion is smoother and you have to use less smoothing, resulting in less lag.

We are told by our Beta group that there is quite a difference in the "feel" of the new unit. It just seems much more responsive.
12F_Soron

Post by 12F_Soron »

Ok for the feeling... perhaps there are thinks the feel better, anyway actual TrackiIR is allready near perfection...

BUT :-)

Is old TrackIR will continue to use the same soft of TrackIR2 sonce it's only in speed you have modification, or there are other new thinks so not the same soft ?

Second 100 Fps vs 60 Fps -> how you compute 66% : perhaps it's normal because there are perhaps square surface proportions...
12F_Soron

Post by 12F_Soron »

"TrackIR2 is a major upgrade, but that doesn�t mean that the TrackIR doesn�t work anymore! [...]"

Arg not see your post before.. ok I've a part of the answer (yes I was in wrong part of the forum sorry)