Attach license to camera instead of USB key

JeDi

Attach license to camera instead of USB key

Post by JeDi »

Hi,

We have an unexpected project at a client, and we only had time to buy a Motive:Tracker license through email, we have no time to wait for delivery of a USB key.

I am unable to attach the license to the hardware key of one of the cameras, although the documentation states it should work. Does anyone have any experience with this? The license tool says bad hardware ID.

We have one USB key left, but it is almost three years old so it only works with an older version of Tracking Tools. Can a USB key be attached to more than one license?
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: Attach license to camera instead of USB key

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Motive cannot be registered to a camera. You can register Motive on the old hardware key However, I will need you to create a ticket with us at help.naturalpoint.com if you want the license moved from the old hardware key to the new hardware key (when it arrives).
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
JeDi

Post by JeDi »

Hi, thanks for the response.

I can imagine you have your reasons for not allowing a license to be attached to a camera anymore, but you should really state that explicitly in the documentation, I cannot find that anywhere. Also the FAQ still states "The customer will then activate the license using the provided codes and the serial number from one of their cameras or hardware keys". That confused me.

I will attach the license to the USB key we have here, and order a new one. When that arrives, you can move the license to the new key, is that correct?

Greetings,
Jeroen Dierckx
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi JeDi,

Yes, once you receive the new hardware key we can transfer your license to it. When your new key arrives, please open a ticket with us at help.naturalpoint.com so we can coordinate the transfer.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Customer Support Engineer