When the sunshine, my TrackIR does not!! HELP

Wasp0

When the sunshine, my TrackIR does not!! HELP

Post by Wasp0 »

OK, just bought TrackIR 5 to go with my Elite Dangerous and when it works it's brilliant, however when what little sun we get in the UK comes out to play, i can't my TrackIR goes mental and the screen jumps around with the left hand light flashing madly!

Now behind where i sit is a window and this shines directly at the PC screen and the TrackIR mini screen and looking at the setup page above the 3 heads axis mini screens the 'Camera' screen is almost entirely RED, which i gather is the image of the window behind me.

I hear you scream draw the curtains, or move the PC... Moving the PC not an option, drawing the curtains already done this and makes no difference. I dare not now use the TrackIR during the daytime incase the sun pops it's head out and i lose EVERYTHING including my ship mid game as my screen goes mental.

Can anything be done to the system, not the window. Can't put up blackout blinds!! It is even effected a little bit when i turn on the main gaming room light?? Is it a little over sensative?

Please help?

Thanks

Wasp0
MikeWitham

Re: When the sunshine, my TrackIR does not!! HELP

Post by MikeWitham »

Wasp0,

You can increase your light filter threshold, what is it currently set at?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
XSannz

Post by XSannz »

also, if you are worried about suddenly losing your ship

From a fellow ED player.

make sure you have the centre TrackIR software hotkey bound to something handy and then if the inevitable happens and it goes haywire just hit the centre button and the screen will recenter and you can keep flying, also you can toggle track ir on / off the same way.

I have the button bound because my toddler like to walk up to my chair and grab hold of my headphone cable and my headphone slide off backward which cause track ir to go nuts, fixed this more recently but at least having the centre view button bound you can regain some control.

not a solution but a workaround, also try the sensitivity settign Mike mentioned.

and one last solution is (something i did in our office recently is to go to the local car shop and find some UV filtering windows tint (like that strip at the top of your windscreen) and i applied a light smoke uv window tint to my office windows which filter out the UV light and help with some of the IR filtering.
Dum Spiro, Spero

Nascentes morimur
Wasp0

Post by Wasp0 »

Thanks Guys, will try the sensitivity setting as mentioned, but also will look out for the window tint. I am new to the TrackIR, and did not know about this setting. I'll have to try find it in the settings. I just plugged it in and it worked one evening then the next day when the sun came out just as i was docking my ship it went haywire and i lost my ship as it was destroyed for loitering in the airlock!!

Thanks again

Wasp0
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Wasp0,

That is too bad to hear about your ship. Having the pause and center function handy is never a bad idea. Please let me know when you get something figured out. I'd love to hear about what you did to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Wasp0

Post by Wasp0 »

OK, Update on the sunshine issue.

Here in rainy old England one would assume this is not a great issue, but alas it is as the UV daylight is just as bad.

So i followed Mike's instructions above, that helped in all but the really bright days, but in the end i put on the window the UV film which cuts out All the issue i had with the track IR throwing a complete wobbly.

So Happy Happy, and Track IR has now become invaluable in my game playing on Elite Dangerous. It is great to be able to look around the cockpit and out of the canopy to spot where my foes have gone!

Brilliant!!
XSannz

Post by XSannz »

glad it worked for you wasp, yeah i use the uv tint stuff on my office windows :)

Did you partake in the latest ED Commuity goal mission in apalar
Dum Spiro, Spero

Nascentes morimur
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Wasp0,

Thank you for the update, I just have two questions. Was the UV film relatively inexpensive? Was it easy to apply?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager