Adding new titles

Share and exchange custom profiles for the TrackIR software.
Redglyph

Adding new titles

Post by Redglyph »

Hello,

Using TrackIR 5 with software v5.2.200 on Windows 7 x64.

I couldn't find this answer anywhere:

How is it possible to add new titles to the list? Names like Assetto Corsa or F1 2013 are not there, it would be handy to have separate profiles loaded for these and different ones for, say, DCS (again, Black Shark 2 or Huey are missing from the list).

Ideally, there would be a list of executables, possibly also a way to parse their environment strings or the executable command-line parameters to determine which game is running. I spent some time looking for such a configuration file in the user's settings but couldn't find any file for Naturalpoint TrackIR (%USERPROFILE%\...). Weird. Then I saw the config files were actually in the program installation directory (%ProgramFiles(x86)%\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5)! Quite a bad practice, but fine.

All there is there, is a file with integers and the corresponding profile, even weirder.

So I'm stuck, how are we supposed to do that? And would it be possible to fix the program so the configuration is properly stored in the user profile's directory instead of the program installation directory?

Thanks in advance
MikeWitham

Re: Adding new titles

Post by MikeWitham »

Redglyph,

Each developer reaches out to us in order to get an ID for their game. That way it shows up correctly when called upon. Some developers will use the same ID for multiple games, which is the scenario for F1 2013 and Assetto Corsa. Getting a new ID for each game is up to the developer. If you load the game, and then go back to the TrackIR software you can see what title is listed when they are running.

As for the config files being stored in the program installation directory... it isn't so much a bad practice, just software that was made when standards were different. It is one thing that I would like to change, but when the program was initially made, storing files in the installation directory was not a big deal. Having said that, it is one of the things I personally would like to change and would also resolve the admin privilege issue that some users have.

To sum up: Sorry, the titles issue is up to the developers and they would need to get new IDs for each game. The config file issue is something that I will be working on and thank you for the suggestion!

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Redglyph

Post by Redglyph »

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the explanation, now it all makes sense :)

I'll grab the ID as you suggest, that should do it.

Regards,

Red
ErikNuminous

Post by ErikNuminous »

I play Farming Simulator 2015. This game i can't find in the game list. Is it supported by TrackIR?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

ErikNuminous,

It is not officially supported, but you can find a few ways to get it working. So far this is the only one that I have tested.

http://fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?topic=169990.0

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
ErikNuminous

Post by ErikNuminous »

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the workaround.

Greetz, Erik