SmartNav and Windows 10

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
akell2

SmartNav and Windows 10

Post by akell2 »

I have had an issue with SmartNav dwell click and Windows 10. The problem was found when using solitaire, but might occur elsewhere.

It occurs when you are first selecting a card you would like to move with left click, and using left click to select where to drop the card? The second left click just not moving the card.

I managed to get it to work when I enabled the Win2K/XP clicking option in the Dwell clicker options menu box.

It would help to understand what is happening here. Do I always need to leave the Win2K/XP box checked? Will this affect anything else?

Many thanks for your help.
MikeWitham

Re: SmartNav and Windows 10

Post by MikeWitham »

akell2,

I just tried it out this morning and it is working for me on this machine. I will see if I can replicate it, but enabling the Win2K/XP is not a bad option to ensure functionality.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
akell2

Post by akell2 »

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply. If there is no issue leaving the Win2k/XP box set, then that should be OK. Just need to tell people to do this.

I have been in contact with Microsoft Accessibility on this issue (we get the same effect with some other software we use). They have offered to help developers resolve the issue. If you want details of my contact let me know (by email) and I will put you in contact with them.

Many thanks

Andrew
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Andrew,

Thank you, I'll PM you my email address shortly.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager