TrackIR 5 Freezes or Memory Error

lharv71

TrackIR 5 Freezes or Memory Error

Post by lharv71 »

I have been having an issue with TIR5 Freezing, or will get Application Error

Will be flying and then I have no response to head movement, both green lights remain on but when I go to icon it turns off; the green lights remain on until I reboot.

Will be flying and then I will get an Application/Memory Error, I can click OK and just TIR5 will turn off but flight sim will continue working.

My system;

Windows 8.1 Pro
Prepar3D with VRS TacPack & Superbug
32 GB Ram
I7 6 Core
R9 280x 3GB Ram
ASUS M51AC
2 - 250GB Samsung 850 SSD
TIR plugged into USB 2.0

I have already verified all USB ports are on, and turned off all Triple Buffering

Help
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR 5 Freezes or Memory Error

Post by MikeWitham »

lharv71,

Does it give you an error code? Have you tried removing and re-installing the software?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Fryman

Post by Fryman »

I am having the exact same problem. I have switched over to P3D and the problem is much more common than on FSX. Last night doing SP with vLSO carrier landings TIR5 stopped once. The night before in a MP mission I had TIR stop working at least 6 times. We had 8 members flying and all of them reported TIR failing multiple times. There is no item that I can say causes this as it just stops tracking all of a sudden. To get it going again I open the hidden icons on the taskbar and when the mouse goes over TIR the Icon disappears and I wait 30 sec and re activated TIR from the taskbar. It then works fine until the next failure. I have been reading and experiencing this problem ever since I switched to P3D and the only solutions I see are to run as administer and reload the TIR software. I have done all of this several time but the problem remains. This software has been in final release for several years with no updates. Considering the problems encountered with P3D what is Natural point doing to come up with a permanent solution. I am always frying with the VRS Super bug with my TIR5 system. VRS has a logging program for any problem with their software does Natural point have a similar logging solution? I hope you can find a solution soon.
lharv71

Post by lharv71 »

Yes and No; I don't mean to sound confusing, but sometimes when it crashes I will get a "Memory, Application Error" and sometimes it will just stop working.

Here is the weird part, I will pause the game, unplug my USB connection to the TrackIR 5 eye and then re-plug the USB in re-open TrackIR 5 and then unpause my flight and everything works????

Please Help as I rely on TrackIR 5 for flying with Virtual Group...
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello,

I don't have access to VRS TacPack or Superbug right now. I'll see if I can get my hands on them and figure out what may be causing this.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Fryman

Post by Fryman »

I get no errors when it stops. When I unplug TIR it may not restart correctly. I have to turn off the TIR program with the mouse on hidden Icons or use the task manager to turn off the TIR process. It would be good if Natural point could program the TIR software to turn off when requested by the normal exit software. If FSX or P3D are running it will not turn off when the request is made on the software. Only the task manager or a message saying TIR has stopped can stop the TIR software.

If you are going to purchase the VRS software order P3d as this is the program with the most problem. VRS sell FSX and P3D as separate program suites. My group has all switched to P3D.
lharv71

Post by lharv71 »

Here is the error message snapshot.
Attachments
Error Message
Error Message
Capture4.jpg (29.03 KiB) Viewed 5705 times
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

lharv71,

Thank you for the screen grab! Unfortunately, it is a generic error code. Will you please create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com? I have some suggestions to try, but I'd like to try them and post only what has positive results.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
lharv71

Post by lharv71 »

I am still having this issue and wondering if Natural Point has addressed the problem?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

lharv71,

The source of the problem was never found. The error code you provided was generic and couldn't help us determine the problem. The issue only effects a small number of users and wasn't able to be replicated here. There isn't a large sampling of data to help us hone in on the issue.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager